Music piracy poll

Shapoopie

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm doing a music piracy poll for the school newspaper and I only have 25 responses so far. So, could you guys just answer the poll to give my poll a jump so it doesn't get cut?

P.S.
No names will be used, and I'm finishing the poll at school monday/tuesday.)

Shapoopie

Don Juan
Reaction score
dang, the poll didn't appear...
choose the most fitting answer please.

options:
All

75%

50%

25%

none

supajsilver2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh, sure.

What's the poll? How much of your music is pirated? If that's the question, go with none. About 10 out of my 1040 or so songs on iTunes right now are pirated. The rest are uploaded from CDs.

...then my friends go out and buy 40 gig ipods and "load them up" with 200 downloaded songs and an episode of family guy that i had to show them how to download, and then they think they're the sh*t, when i don't even have an ipod but have over 1000 songs...

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
95% pirated, i'm a cheap arse uni student. half my meals used to be 'free burger' vouches for macdonalds.

Reaction score
Docs said:
Hmm..I'll go with 85% pirated, but that's because I hate buying a whole CD for one or two songs.
Same here. 85%.

Only if the CD is worth it though.

Reaction score
Shapoopie said:
I'm doing a music piracy poll for the school newspaper and I only have 25 responses so far. So, could you guys just answer the poll to give my poll a jump so it doesn't get cut?

P.S.
No names will be used, and I'm finishing the poll at school monday/tuesday.)
Don't forget to add the fact that the artist gets something like 4% of the profits for the entire cd. The rest goes to the record label.

And of that 4%, they have to pay things like the managers, renatls for equipment... and other retarted fees.

The record label gets practiacaly all the money. And with that money they fund other organizations like the RIAA which sue you to take more of your money.

It's a GREAT business.

SELF-MASTERY

Banned
Reaction score
I cant say because the RIAA might be watching

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
99%

Because I'm a cheap ass uni student with no job. When I do get a job I'm planning to buy the cd's I actually like.

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmmm............. 75% I think. I have quite a few albums because at some point I had more money than I could think of a use for...

Worth getting all the Rasmus albums... the search doesn't bring them all up and they pretty much ALL rock my world...:D

PumpNightmare

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of my music is pirated, but the RIAA couldn't touch me since all the music is Jpop, Kpop, and other foriegn stuff. Oh, and lots of VGM (videogame music).

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It really comes down to the question of whether you would purchase the songs you have downloaded for free, if it wasnt an option. I know i wouldnt, which basically means i'm not ripping anyone off. Victimless crime!

Reaction score
Chillisauce said:
It really comes down to the question of whether you would purchase the songs you have downloaded for free, if it wasnt an option. I know i wouldnt, which basically means i'm not ripping anyone off. Victimless crime!
Yup.

I'd rather not buy that **** at all. There is very little music today worth listening to. Everything is just filler material between the good songs on my iPod.