MSN Messaging - how often, etc

sony007

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,

I am just wondering how to react when u see ur gal online.

1. Not talk 2 her at all unless she starts the conversation

or

2. Block her in ur MSN so she thinks you are not easy to get hold of.

3. Keep her in ur list, dont block her but dont talk 2 her either

Any other comments/suggestions welcome.

DJDanny

Don Juan
Reaction score
From previous experiences i now do both 1 and 2.

Unless you're in a long distance LTR, MSN is a substitute for seeing her in person, which is not a good thing. Ya start sending messages to her every time you see her online you're going to come off as needy.

So i usually only unblock the girl when i want to talk to her and let her start the convo most of the time.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dont block her because she will find out when her freind happens to mention she is talking to you and she thinks for a second how can you be talking to her freind if oyu are not online!

sony007

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by check_mate_kid_uk
dont block her because she will find out when her freind happens to mention she is talking to you and she thinks for a second how can you be talking to her freind if oyu are not online!
obviously I am gonna take that into account.

what if she is in ur list and u dont have any of her friends in ur list.

ChenCristos

Don Juan
Reaction score
if none of her friends are on your list. Block her 100% of the time except when you feel like chatting with her for a few minutes. As far as who starts talking first it should be her 2/3 of the time. Yesterday this girl I was dating - I unblocked her but she was away her message said she was studying but she never went idle (using her computer)- I just chatted with other people then rigth before I logged off just said good luck with the studying. then logged off immediately.

aftershock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm...if you block her, block everyone that has you and her on your friends list.

Alternatively, get a life.

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoL.

Alright chaps, here's my take: Don't block her, that's just stupid... but don't you start the conversations, let her do it. :)

I she asks why don't you ever start talking to her say something C&F. :)

cyjay201

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it depends with the relationship you have with the girl.

If you are dating, it's probably not a good idea to talk to her a lot online (My biggest downfall).

However if MSN and AIM can be very helpful. This one girl I am currently trying to get with, I acted like an ultimate AFC when I first met her, but told her that we should just be friends before she could stick me in the friend zone. Anyway, I talked to her online last Sunday, didn't sign on again that week. She called me on Friday night, I didn't pick up.

On Saturday I signed on and we chatted, she asked what I had been doing, and how much she missed me. I said "Maybe I'll give you a call sometime" and left.

Now I won't talk to her again until I call her, however this might only work on girls that thrive on attention (AW)'s.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by aftershock
Hmm...if you block her, block everyone that has you and her on your friends list.

:crackup:

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
be online less, especially signed onto nerd-ass messanger services. Do you know any cool or alpha guys that are online more than a few minutes a day? They're too busy tagging ass or mountain climbing to play online

coolguy676767

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by sony007
obviously I am gonna take that into account.

what if she is in ur list and u dont have any of her friends in ur list.
Dont block her, I did that once and alot of people have 2 screen names logged on at once, and I have been caught twice before doing the block manuever, and its not easy to explain, lol.

arutha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey slightly old thread but didn't feel like starting a new one on the same thing..

After reading this thread I have been setting my status to offline more often so it appears that I'm not around and I'm off doing other things, but what if the person you are 'hiding' from is online a whole lot? Is it a problem for her to see you online a lot when she is anyway?

When I do go online I leave it for her to start convos, but she often doesn't.. I think she's playing the same sort of games lol.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by aftershock

Amen

Get a life dude. Delete msn off your computer. stuff like msngeeks.com willl just show anyways.

I'd say talk to her a couple times to initiate and then let herstart initiating. Think about it like a phone call.. u can give that girl you wanna date your phone number and she will let it sit there because she is too shy or thinks it will be awkward, that's why MEN get the number and set up the settings

Lost In the Seas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
msn isn't neccessarily a bad thing, some girls do prefer msn more than phone, it is just less akward and more comfortable to communicate with, plus you have more freedom, but phone of course is always a better tool, it keeps it up close and personal by hearing the person's voice

keep it a healthy dose, just never use it daily or frequently, convo 30 min MAX with a person one day i would say, and maybe 3 times MAX a week

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get the girl in person ASAP... try to minimize the MSN convos.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If im on

and i want to talk to her

ill talk

if not

then she can

works for me :D

AIR-PILOT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is anyone going to agree with me if I say
NEVER???????????????
Internet is lame..can mess things up also...I lost interest in a girl cause of it, because face to face we had nothing else to say. I learned my lesson and never used it to communicate with girls again.

BrotherAP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never say never. So you lost interest in a girl once, and now you've sworn off messenging forever. Boo-hoo. What's next? You talked to a girl once, and asked her for her phone number, and she gave you a fake one, so now you've learned your lesson? No more phone numbers!

The other day, a girl I hadn't talked to in months (since I was still with my ex, actually) sent me an IM. We started with some fluff talk, then she mentioned my friend Chris who I hadn't seen for a while. When I asked how he was, she said "Actually, I don't answer his calls. He's kind of stalkerish". Well, this led to a conversation with me telling her why guys always seem stalkerish (basically explaining the AFC nature of our society). In doing so, I showed my incredible understanding of women and the dating game, and she was oozing with interest in the conversation, and telling me "Wow! No guy has ever gotten that right before! They always say ___ where you said ___. You're amazing!" I thre in some C&F, and then said "hey, you know what, I'm having a good time chatting with you, but my fingers are getting tired. Let's go grab some coffee." I slept with her that night.

I never would have talked to her if it wasn't for IM. The point is, it's stupid to adhere to rules like "Never chat on the internet!" They're guidelines. Now, I don't usually chat with girls on the internet - but there's a time and a place for everything. Just stop overanalysing everything.