Money issues

Charlie

Reaction score
i've started going out with a new 21 year old girl and she's a student with little money. Up to now i've prob payed 66% of the costs and we've intentionally done cheaper things however I want to do more and I know she can't afford it. I make good money so I don't mine paying however this could become serious and I dont want to ruin it by making myself her sugar daddy. If I keep paying she may just see me like that.

any ideas? And I know, I wouldnt normally date one so young.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charlie said:
...any ideas? And I know, I wouldnt normally date one so young.
You pay for what you get...

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how old are you? if you are in your 30s and talking about getting serious with a 21 year old you are nuts.

a 21 year old is nothing but a sex toy.

Metro3pilot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't they say the difference between a hooker and a girlfriend ...is the

hooker is cheaper ?

:rockon:

Reaction score
My coworker who is 35 and divorced with FIVE kids just got ENGAGED to a 21 year old.

I am afraid he is in for a world of hurt.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are taking your broke girlfriend to the movies, dinner, etc. and paying, you are OK.

If you are paying her school tuition, or her rent, you might be a sugar daddy.

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charlie said:
i've started going out with a new 21 year old girl and she's a student with little money. Up to now i've prob payed 66% of the costs and we've intentionally done cheaper things however I want to do more and I know she can't afford it. I make good money so I don't mine paying however this could become serious and I dont want to ruin it by making myself her sugar daddy. If I keep paying she may just see me like that.

any ideas? And I know, I wouldnt normally date one so young.

Women are typically an expense and rarely an asset. Spend at your comfort level and you shouldn't have a problem.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My Name is Nobody said:
My coworker who is 35 and divorced with FIVE kids just got ENGAGED to a 21 year old.

I am afraid he is in for a world of hurt.
Things seem really clear when you're looking in from the outside.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what types of costs are you incurring, like dinner dates or something? That doesn't seem like such a big deal to me. Imo, you're doing the right thing by staying fairly cheap, though. Why should people feel the need to spend a bunch of money all the time in order to have fun?

I think women will always see you as a sugar daddy to some extent because men usually make more money, and ultimately it's (hopefully) gonna be the wife who stays home to raise the kids while the dad goes out and earns income. The important thing is, before you get to that point, to make sure that she likes you for more than your money.

and get a prenup