Missed my 2nd appointment with a good paying company. I feel horribe.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I need to vent brothers. I did cpr medical training for 3yrs many years ago. I built a good reputation and hardly ever missed a class. I recently signed a contract with a new company. A Chinese company. It paid well. I am very organized. One of my traumas due to my childhood is being late. I try to be professional so I make sure I show up 100% of the time.

There was a little confusion about the 2nd class with this company. It was an honest mistake and I missed the second booking. It was a totally honest mistake. I read the date wrong on the calendar because they gave me the class last minute. I woke up to a text saying " I missed the class".

My heart dropped. I felt so bad. I explained to them the mix up. I especially feel bad because this company paid very well per hour. They also told me that they issues with instructors not showing up sometimes. I did not want to get lumped in with those people.

I am independent contractor and I wanted to start my business LLC up again and this happens. Life has a way of throwing curve balls.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you offer them a free class or discount to make up for it, or did things simply fall apart after that?

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you offer them a free class or discount to make up for it, or did things simply fall apart after that?
Yes I did offer a free class. It is part of the contract I signed in case I missed a class.

I will have to wait until Monday to see what they say. Man it was an honest mistake which sucks.

Hey thanks for responding to my thread bro.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe those issues with instructors showing up late is due to them doing things last minute.

Lol, y u wound eye no hit curve bar?!?

Last edited:

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe those issues with instructors showing up late is due to them doing things last minute.

Lol, y u wound eye no hit curve bar?!?
Yes i think you are right. They originally told me no more classes for the month but if they had any they would text me. They even asked about my schedule for next month.

Well I saw the text but thought it was for next month so I did not anazlyze it carefully. I thought it was for next month. The class was in 2 days when usually you schedule out a month in advance!

Anyways everyone messes up once. Thanks for the reply bro.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyways everyone messes up once.
Everyone messes up, but not everyone gets a second chance. Glad it worked out for you apparently.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone messes up, but not everyone gets a second chance. Glad it worked out for you apparently.
Naw i dont know if it worked out yet. I will know Monday. Its all good though. Lesson learned.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Trying to blame being late constantly on a childhood trauma?

C'mon man...that's sounds a little hard to believe.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Yes, that's hard to believe because it is not what OP said: "hardly ever missed a class", "show up 100% of the time".

I need to vent brothers. I did cpr medical training for 3yrs many years ago. I built a good reputation and hardly ever missed a class. I recently signed a contract with a new company. A Chinese company. It paid well. I am very organized. One of my traumas due to my childhood is being late. I try to be professional so I make sure I show up 100% of the time.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Yes, that's hard to believe because it is not what OP said: "hardly ever missed a class", "show up 100% of the time".
I suggest you actually read before posting

"One of my traumas due to my childhood is being late.'

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I suggest you actually read before posting

"One of my traumas due to my childhood is being late.'
Says the person who ignored their very next sentence, even after I quoted it?

"One of my traumas due to my childhood is being late. I try to be professional so I make sure I show up 100% of the time."

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Says the person who ignored their very next sentence, even after I quoted it?

"One of my traumas due to my childhood is being late. I try to be professional so I make sure I show up 100% of the time."
That's not relevant to what I said.

Learn how to read context.

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once is an accident, twice is a pattern. If they are finding value in your work they’ll be accommodative for a second appointment. If they don’t, tough lesson but you’ll be more on top of your schedule next time.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I did not blame being late on childhood trauma. I said i feel extra guilty about it due to childhood trauma.

" one of my traumas due to childhood" means that I am traumatized about being late because in my house you would get physically abused for being late.

Blaming would be " i am late because of childhood trauma".

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once is an accident, twice is a pattern. If they are finding value in your work they’ll be accommodative for a second appointment. If they don’t, tough lesson but you’ll be more on top of your schedule next time.
Yeh bro they sent me ans email saying that they wont make me pay the full cost of the venue just a portion of it in installments. To be fair that is a good deal.

It looks like I will get a second chance at the contract.

Pandora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh Backinthegame did not read it correctly. Thanks for getting what I was trying to communicate.

I am usually on time because of growing up in a messed up household. If you were not on time bad shyt would happen. Immigrant shyt lol.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I did not blame being late on childhood trauma. I said i feel extra guilty about it due to childhood trauma.

" one of my traumas due to childhood" means that I am traumatized about being late because in my house you would get physically abused for being late.

Blaming would be " i am late because of childhood trauma".
OK gotcha...so you make sure you are always early is what you mean due to that.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

There was a little confusion about the 2nd class with this company. It was an honest mistake and I missed the second booking. It was a totally honest mistake. I read the date wrong on the calendar because they gave me the class last minute. I woke up to a text saying " I missed the class".

My heart dropped. I felt so bad. I explained to them the mix up. I especially feel bad because this company paid very well per hour. They also told me that they issues with instructors not showing up sometimes. I did not want to get lumped in with those people.

I am independent contractor and I wanted to start my business LLC up again and this happens. Life has a way of throwing curve balls.
Don't sweat it man, everyone fvcks up. Learn from this and if it doesn't work out, I have found that everything happens for a reason as crazy as it might seem.