Mentoring

Terminus Est

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello.
I have been doing some thinking, and I rememebered something that was tried a while ago (I think, I MIGHT be a little confused :p ), but I dont remember if it was succesful or not.

Well, the idea was that an experienced DJ helped personally (well, not PERSONALLY, but through private messages, MSN, AOL IM and that stuff) an AFC who wants to change, but con´t do it.

So, I figured that this was the only way I could get some improvement done, that is, with someone experienced behind my back pushing me, and giving me advice.

I know that this is the chicken way of doing things, but, hey! I AM a chicken! :D

Well, my idea is: 5 AFC´s (inluding myself) make a post saying that they want and need help, and everyone gets help by a willing master DJ (at least).

Why only 5? Well, this is a tryout, and with such a low number, we can see if this does or doesnt work. If it does, then, It can be done again, on a greater scale, and if it doesnt, well, bad luck.

So: If you are an AFC that needs help, post it here! And, if you are a Master or Senior (or a mod :D ) and want to give something back to the site, send the AFC a PM, and start helping us!

Well, I have nothing else to say but this: Sorry about the crappy english! I try to do what I can!

Anaxibios

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's an interesting idea, but the fact is that throughout this site is more information about DJ'ing than most ppl will need to start on the path.

If you read the posts, and actually act on them, they can be your mentor.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Anaxibios
That's an interesting idea, but the fact is that throughout this site is more information about DJ'ing than most ppl will need to start on the path.

If you read the posts, and actually act on them, they can be your mentor.
A mentor is more than someone who gives you information. They are there to inspire you, to push you, to lead you where your own personal leadership is lacking, atleast at first.

It's a good idea, and I guess a true DJ would relish the opportunity to help someone if they were truely committed to the job.

No DJ Mentor is going to waste his time though on someone who hasn't, read the bilbe, scoured the forum and hasn't a million intelligent questions to ask.

MRomeo99

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, you'd have to think that part of the process would be you'd have to show that you were actually motivated, and dedicated to change. So, perhaps you show that dedication by approaching 10 women, and recording it. That in and of itself should be enough to get you over the hump.

I like the idea however. Good luck finding your mentor/master DJ.

Romeo