Mental barriers and being self concious

funnyperson

Reaction score
Hey. Im 16 and im getting braces soon... i already have glasses... This just sets up mental barriers and makes me more self concious. It feels like its impossible to go for a gal because wearing braces and glasses isn't the most attractive thing in the world. How do people overcome these mental barriers? Is it possible to use this to my advantage? (Highly unlikely lol). Im confident but somehow i dont think thats enough in my case lol.

Any advice to overcome the matter?

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're 16 bro. Don't sweat the small stuff, it's the #1 mistake all youngings make (including myself at one time). First of all, braces aren't that bad. Half the kids your age havem, and you're gona love it when you get to your best years and you've got great teeth.

As far as glasses go, if you're really that uncomfortable, why not wear contacts?

The best advice I can give ya is to relax and realize that when you're young, everyone is insecure and things that are really not a big deal appear to be.

G_Nice_06

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah man I completely agree with WC2, glasses really aren't that bad unless they are Huge and thick and in that case i would recomend getting a smaller pair or some contacts. I had a pair of big ass glasses once and felt the same way u did it makes u feel much better when u get some smaller glasses or just replace them. but the braces really not that bad alot of my friends pull plenty of fine girls while they have their braces so don't worry about it.