Men are not Dogs

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ever hear a woman tell her girlfriend "men are dogs?" Well, I beg to differ, you see men's lives are actually worth less than dogs.

Mary Winkler premeditatively shoots and kills her (allegedly abusive) husband in cold blood. Result: She serves 63 day in prison.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/LegalCenter/story?id=3257794

Michael Vick runs a dogfighting ring, shoots and kills a dog. Result: 1.5 to 2.5 years in prison.

Not exactly a stat you'll find on feministing.com.

azanon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless its out in the news today, I don't think Vick has been sentenced anything yet.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Ever hear a woman tell her girlfriend "men are dogs?" Well, I beg to differ, you see men's lives are actually worth less than dogs.

Mary Winkler premeditatively shoots and kills her (allegedly abusive) husband in cold blood. Result: She serves 63 day in prison.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/LegalCenter/story?id=3257794

Michael Vick runs a dogfighting ring, shoots and kills a dog. Result: 1.5 to 2.5 years in prison.

Not exactly a stat you'll find on feministing.com.
inequality makes me cry

comic_relief

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You forgot to mention that her husband was not a man, just some weak male who abused her.
The two people involved we're both unhealthy. That's just sad.
I hope the woman will better her ways and gets some more time to spend in prison.

Stuntmann

Banned
Reaction score
This proves men are better than women. Vick gets off with only 1.5 years for being a serial dog killer, while Mary Winkler got almost a life for killing one man.

Stuntmann

Banned
Reaction score
This proves men are better than women. Vick gets off with only 1.5 years for being a serial dog killer, while Mary Winkler got almost a life for killing one man.

Luthor Rex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holland said:
You forgot to mention that her husband was not a man, just some weak male who abused her.
The two people involved we're both unhealthy. That's just sad.
I hope the woman will better her ways and gets some more time to spend in prison.
Oh sh!t! This guy's right! We forgot about that part in the Constitution that says:

"Congress shall pass no law preventing a woman who claims she was abused to kill her alleged abuser outside of self-defense."

Awww snap, we forgot about the 10.5th Amendment!

:nono:

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how long were they married?
why would a woman choose to stay with a man who abused her?
it was 2006 not 1956, there are many places a gal could find help if she wanted out of an abusive relationship. church, family, friends, coworkers, shelters, low housing communities, cabinet for families and children, fellowships of concern, call the police and get a restraining order, go before a judge.... the list can go on and on.
did this abuse ever bother her enough to tell a soul about it?
can the 2 older children testify to this abuse?(not that they would put them on the stand to testify against either parent but still...)
she says her harmed the children by trying to suffocate them more than one time to get them to shut up... why did she continue to stay with him and raise those kids with him if he tried it ONE time?

if i was her, and the first time he ever hurt me or the children, i would have gotten my children out of there then. if i was being held hostage , i would wait for him to go to sleep and then i would have taken my bat across his knee caps and broke those damn knee caps and then i would have called the police and pressed charges.

so for any woman to secretly put up with "abuse" in 2006 from her husband the preacher is a crock of bull in my opinion.

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why would a woman choose to stay with a man who abused her?
LSE and mot taking responsibility for the circumstances of your life. It's no excuse so I do believe the woman should be punished appropriately. But I wouldn't care so much about her husband who was killed, that's all.