Meeting with CEO

SayWhat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi

Next week I have an informal meeting with the CEO of the company where I work, together with a few colleagues who started at the same time as I did. This is just to get to know us and ask questions etc...

Now if you look through the threads I posted on this forum, one main issue is that I am socially totally f*cked up. I can't hold conversations and if I would say something it always comes out the wrong way.

Now of course I don't want to make a wrong impression to this person as my career depends on it.

What are some things I can do and ask that sound normal and interested?

Thanks

parkthebus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Better to say nothing than something stupid. At least seem respec worthy, if not interesting. Speak with assertiveness and authority. Don't engage too much in the social side of things and palm it off as aloofness. Act professional.

jessicapoul

Banned
Reaction score
I'm so happy today because i had a great meeting with my CEO, he is such a nice man i like body language of there speech well it was great.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Whenever Im around CEO millionaire types I remain stoic, calm, collected, cool, smooth, militant, subservient yet dignified (when in the presence of a work superior, ie the owner of the company I work for)... I show utmost respect but also come across as serious, as in Yes Sir I will respect you but at the end of the day you are still a man so dont disrespect me. I have never had a boss talk down to me or treat me like a bish.Also its better to speak less, just listen..observe, decipher. Use common sense when interacting dont be a dumbazz. Ask intelligent questions. Give quick answers dont sit there and ramble a bunch of BS

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try to find out the CEO's hobbies and interests. Usually it's golf and sports, but it could be anything. If they have a favorite sports team, research it. It's probably the team of where they went to college. People are the most comfortable with other people when they are similar to themselves. Even if the CEO's hobby is something you don't know anything about, research it enough to be able to ask intelligent questions and get him/her talking about what they like.