Meeting New People

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chicks are cool. But I believe meeting PEOPLE in general in high school is more important for social proof and whatnot. As I've said, I've successfully met tons of people in the grade above me (I'm a junior) and up to 3 grades below me (10th, 9th, 8th...few kids in 8th). Anyways, I don't really remember how it happened but it did and before I knew it I was one popular bastard.

But now that I CONSCIOUSLY try to meet new people, it's not workign too well. The other day, I approached a girl because she forgot her notebook under her chair and I happened to kick it out when I stood up. Anyways, in a few long strides and calling out her name I caught up with her. So I was like, "Hey <insert name>. You left your notebook back there. How's it going?"

I get a short stare up and a "fine thanks." ::looks down and rapidly walks away::

hmm...how peculiar. Anyways, I'd never spoken to her before but it was a good icebreaker and approach on my part I felt. She might've been freaked that I knew her name or something, but I mean...the teacher calls on everyone all the time and everyone knows everyone else. I have like 3 classes with her. Other chicks are kind of like that too. They just kind of mumble, look down and walk away quickly.

The girls I already know like being around me so I don't think it's that I'm intimidating....just wondering what gives.

Anyways, I'd just also like to add that approaches are useful to know in all walks of life becuase you will ALWAYS have to meet new people and if you exude confidence from the first meeting, they're have that impression of you for a while. SO! What're your opinions on these girls and how to greet/meet people and make friends in general?

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What worked well for me and my friend was to sit with new people at lunch every day. Every day we sat down with a new group and introduced our selves, and we sat with everyone, fat chicks, 7th graders, punks, stoners, nerds, hot chicks, all of them.

Only one person in our whole school made a big deal about it, everyone else seemed happy to have us, and we made tons of new friends, and got tons of new numbers. Overall that experiment was awesome.

Mr. Debonaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AFK Protector
I get a short stare up and a "fine thanks." ::looks down and rapidly walks away::
she's so intimidated by your rugged good looks and manly man dj attitude that she was overwhelmed and needed to run off and masturbate somewhere ;)

seriously tho man, don't read into it. she's probably really shy and was intimidated because she's not used to such straightforwardness.

ps also like the new people every lunch idea. might try it myself:)

UltimateScoundrel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm telling you, the new people at lunch works wonders. I've met hundreds of people this way

TheKarnivalShow

Don Juan
Reaction score
UltimateScoundrel I like your idea. I think next semester bout 3 weeks away i am going to use that idea to get my confidence up.

cant think of a user name

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The new people at lunch thing seems like a great idea provided that you do it with at least one friend. That way people will recognise that you already have friends, and are just being friendly - hence they will more likely be open to becoming friends.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont know how big your school is, but mine has about 130 people per year group and i knew all those in the year above who left (im a senior now), 3/4 of those in the year below (my bro is in that year, so it helps), and 20 or so in each of the other years.

I can not understand my friends when they do not know who people are, especially in my year. If i see someone i do not know, i go up and introduce myself and have a chat, if they have a problem with it, fine, if they do not, you have a new friend. (albeit i manage to piss off most of the younger boys by being a ****head). Thats why i asked out (and got shut down by a girl in the year below), i saw her at school, alone in their end of the common room. Started chatting, fell in love with her smile and laugh, thought she liked me and got burnt. Ahh well

Its all in the trying