meeting an unknown girl

Seismos

Don Juan
Reaction score
well, my dads new wife called a couple of days ago and told me that one of her friends has a nice daughter (she is 19 im 23) and that this girl would like to go out/get to know the town where i live (sounds at that point a little strange to me)

so she (my dads wife) asked me to take her (the girl) out to the city... im confused if this is a good idea because i ve never talked to the girl.

on the other hand its a kind of dj training and maybe fun (or a disaster). now my questions:

1 is this a good idea to give it a try?

2 if so, then what to do with a stranger (party/sightseeing)?

thanks for any useful advice!

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've done this before. It was a lot of fun, though nothing came of it. You should absolutely agree to it.

Just act it like you know everything and everyone in the city. Be the leader, show no uncertainty. Just like you're a tour guide who normally has non-stop fun in this town 24/7, and you're simply giving her a glimpse.

Please do not act like this is the 1st 19 year old female you've ever seen.

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pfft don't bother trying to show her off around town. just tell her your a real loser and you like to go to this dive bar and get ****faced everyday.

libre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, go for it. Why wouldn't you? Show her the nice places around your town and have fun.

Look, if she's great you'll both of you have fun. If she is interesting, don't forget to arrange for further outings with her and call her back.

At 19 you can expect that she might have less experience with men than others. Be cool, take your time and don't rush anything if this is the case.

If she's not very interesting, it doesn't matter, just do it graciously. It is good karma and it might pay off eventually. You don't know, she might introduce you to her great friends eventually. But, you don't need to be a missionary about it and make it a chore to see her again.

Have fun young man.

Pillag3r

Don Juan
Reaction score
Go for it. An opportunity is an opportunity. Even if shes a 3...you can still use it to improve your DJ skills. Chances are the girl isnt too keen on meeting some random guy either, show her your not afraid and your in if you want to be.

Seismos

Don Juan
Reaction score
libre said:
Sure, go for it. Why wouldn't you? Show her the nice places around your town and have fun.

Look, if she's great you'll both of you have fun. If she is interesting, don't forget to arrange for further outings with her and call her back.

At 19 you can expect that she might have less experience with men than others. Be cool, take your time and don't rush anything if this is the case.

If she's not very interesting, it doesn't matter, just do it graciously. It is good karma and it might pay off eventually. You don't know, she might introduce you to her great friends eventually. But, you don't need to be a missionary about it and make it a chore to see her again.

Have fun young man.

thank you! that was the kind of advice i was looking for. today i set up the meeting for the next weekend, so there is a lot of time to figure out exciting/funny things to do...

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see no reason not to. The worst thing that could happen is that she's boring, then you have fuel to make fun of your dad. Best case...well, you know.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Effington said:
... Best case...well, you know.
Oh yeah, and that get's back to his dad's wife and then what??? Look at it like this:
  1. He refuses to go - His stepmom stops giving it up to his dad because of it. Dad gets frustrated and horny, he ends up on SoSuave and ends up taking on the new incarnation of LMS/PRL.
  2. They get along well - His stepmom then feels that she has sayso over their relationship since she instigated it.
  3. The sort of get along - It's an alright date, kinda boring but it seems to make it a challenge for his stepmom to play matchmaker to make things happen.
  4. Things go crappy - It gets back to his stepmom and she rags on his dad. Now both him and his dad is in the doghouse.
  5. They get along really well (Bom-chicka-wah-wah) :rockon: - and she gets pregnant. :eek: :nervous: :kick:
There is no good answer. Seismos, you're skrewed no matter what you do...

Last edited:

Seismos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
Oh yeah, and that get's back to his dad's wife and then what??? Look at it like this:
  1. They get along well - His stepmom then feels that she has sayso over their relationship since she instigated it.
  2. The sort of get along - It's an alright date, kinda boring but it seems to make it a challenge for his stepmom to play matchmaker to make things happen.
  3. Things go crappy - It gets back to his stepmom and she rags on his dad. Now both him and his dad is in the doghouse.
  4. They get along really well (Boom-chicka-wah-wah) :rockon: - and she gets pregnant. :eek: :nervous: :kick:
well, after reading your post im not to happy about the whole situation...:confused:

On Point

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good grief, it's just one date. Do you have so many other dates lined up that this is going to harm your social life? I don't know you, but probably not. Just go and try to have fun.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seismos said:
well, after reading your post im not to happy about the whole situation...:confused:
Well you shouldn't be. BTW, what's her number?

Seismos

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok, guys, this is the DJ forum... dont you have some more thoughts or experiences on "blind dates" or similar situations? i would really appreciate every advice (but please no flaming)