Me and 'my girl' hardly ever talk on the phone....ever.

JCKey618

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Coming from a year+ long relationship where me and my girl would talk just about EVERY night on the phone for like an hour or more, it's kinda weird to me now that I hardly ever talk on thee phone with this new girl I'm seeing (been dating for a little under a month now)

We've gone out on dates the past three weekends (last weekend was prom and then we went to a sleepover together with this group we are in) and tomorrow I'm helping her and her cousin with a car wash (she asked me to come) and monday she is coming to my graduation and afterward out to eat with my family.

I mean, everything is good with the girl. We've gotten to the kissing stage and when we are together we have a good time and I can tell she really liks me. But we hardly ever talk on the phone. I think our longest convo was 30 minutes one night and besides that none longer than like 5 minutes.

I know she has free nights and weekends so she can't really talk during the week before 9 and during the weekends were are usually together (for the past few weeks) so I guess that explains it some. Also, she prefers to text message a lot.

I'm just wondering if this is a good thing, bad thing, or not significant at all....

DemonXIII

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good thing...

It's a good thing y'all don't talk on the phone too much
The phone should only be used to rearrange dates and so on

So keep up the good work!

christz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
at least its not the other way around where the girl talks to you all the time everynight however is to busy for you to actually hang out.

i'd take your position over mine anyday

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a good thing y'all don't talk on the phone too much

this is ****ing garbage..

the reason you are told as an AFC not to talk on the phone is so you dont become her bytch.

talking to her is great for communication..im not saying talk to her for hours everyday..but 20 to 30 min on the days u dont see her and ur not busy is fine....

just dont be a afc

nishbuk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by frivolousz21
this is ****ing garbage..

the reason you are told as an AFC not to talk on the phone is so you dont become her bytch.

talking to her is great for communication..im not saying talk to her for hours everyday..but 20 to 30 min on the days u dont see her and ur not busy is fine....

just dont be a afc
It's definitely different between AFC dating and an LTR.

JCKey618

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if her lack of calling me shows a lack of interest....But when we are together I get just the opposite vibe. I mean everything is going pretty damn good.....

PVSSY-EATER

Banned
Reaction score
uhh..to be honest, she DOES NOT HAVE TO TALK WITH YOU ON THE PHONE....you know why?

Because she KNOWS you aint going nowhere...

Seems to me, like you are her bytch....and she knows that she has you, and you aint going nowhere, so she says, fvck it, I will just see his azz when I see him.

An interested woman calls the fvck out of you, defiantly if she is your girlfriend......

Honestly, go out with more than one woman...why is it you guys want ONE girl so damn bad? Do you guys know what we have here....we can fvck as many girls as we want....its like winning the fvcking lotto of sex......

This is what you guys always dreamed of, being the man who gets all the women...damn, have fun!

Why tie yourself up so quick?

Lov Yall- Pvssy Eater

JCKey618

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, well, she ain't call much since the beginning.....

And she's not my girlfriend. And I haven't been with her enough for her to think 'he ain't going nowhere'

And trust me, I have other girls I talk to. Not just here where I live, either.

ANNNND, I'm sure after a year of dating my last girlfriend she had the notion that I wasn't going anywhere but she still called just bout everyday.....

And anyway, it's not like I call HER all the time. I might call her one or two times out of the week and that's was just to tell her something bout prom, upcoming date, or my upcoming graduation.

libre

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello JcKey

My feeling; for the moment, call not more than once a week and keep it short and up to the point. You have shown her that you are interested quite clearly enough. Now it's time for her to make her moves.

It would probably be a good thing that for the next week you might be busy rollerskating or whatever and didn't have a chance to call her.

If she doesn't get it and doesn't call by one week, I think it would be a good idea to let one week go to two weeks without you calling. If you wait two weeks to call her; it will be ok because she'll understand by then that you are not clinging to her and that you have a life and a will on your own.

Don't kowtow to her!

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As much as a good thing you might have going, this kind of relationship sounds like it won't last. Someone is going to lose interest. I'm backing PVSSY EATER- you've got no mystery bro. Check out Anti-Dump's machine if you're looking for a better relationship.

If there is a chance of redemption I would start only answering her calls every now and then, try new things and go out with ur boys more. That way you become more unpredictable and there will be a reason for her to call you.

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you mean there is no mystery? If they rarely talk besides on dates there has to be a ton of mystery because you dont know much about each other.

When I started going out with this one girl I called her a couple times and she would barely talk. I thought this meant our relationship is going downhill. Her friend says she really likes me though she just hates talking on the phone.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in casual dating you hardly have to talk on the phone , but it is nice to talk on the phone while getting to know someone at least a few times or to confirm dates.

in a relationship, i can not think of any women that are ok with not talking on the phone.
remember , women like to talk on the phone.
if she isnt talking to you, who is she talking to?

in the real world, women in relationships love to talk on the phone to who they are dating.

better beware, that another dude will end up calling and he will say he enjoys to talk on the phone with her and then where will you be? uhmmm well lets see .. not on the phone with her because she will be talking to him.

Big Eee Zee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I friggin love this site. I took a week off and slowly began to slip into AFC tendencies when my girl became a b!tch. Thank god I got you guys to put me back on track.

@JCKEY: I wouldn't be too upset. My girl very rarely uses the phone to talk to me, most of our convos are less than 10 minutes. She has said she just hates talking on the phone. Maybe its like PVSSY-EATER said, they think we're whipped.

Well screw that! I think I'm gonna start doing unpredictable stuff, throw her off. Make her work for my attention.

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been dating my current girl for about 3 months now. We have never gotten into the habbit of calling each other every day or even really once a week. We only use the phone to set up dates and all that good stuff. We're doing pretty good right now too, so I don't think there is anything to worry about.

becker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten

in a relationship, i can not think of any women that are ok with not talking on the phone.
remember , women like to talk on the phone.
if she isnt talking to you, who is she talking to?

in the real world, women in relationships love to talk on the phone to who they are dating.

better beware, that another dude will end up calling and he will say he enjoys to talk on the phone with her and then where will you be? uhmmm well lets see .. not on the phone with her because she will be talking to him.
Some areas I would disagree with here. First off, too much talking on the phone is usually a recipe for disaster rather than a good thing. That being said, I remember one of my most successful relationships came with me never calling my girlfriend and her complaining incessantly to me about it, yet she never broke up with me. I ended up dumping her instead. Go figure. Bottom line is, will she possibly be talking to another guy on the phone besides you? Absolutely possible. Will that pull her away from you? Possible again, but likely? No. It's probably about as likely as her being pulled from you by some guy who buys her flowers every day and telling her how much he likes her. It's just not going to happen.

If she's talking to some other guy, it will most likely be the emotional tampon and the topic of conversation will be YOU. Don't worry, you have nothing to worry about, you're doing fine.

JCKey618

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think maybe she was just busy with school. Cus last monday we went out and had a great time. The next day she called me at night and we had a good convo. She called again the next night. She asked me to come to a presentation she was doing for school on Thursday, so we hung out Thursday night (I discovered that she has a picture of me as the background to her cell phone.

I talked to her a smidget Friday and she was sick and this weekend she spent the night over a friend's (female friend) house. Oh, and not to worry. I had plans of my own. So, I didn't talk to her yesterday. I may call her today to say what's up.