Low text interest but high in-person interest?

*Salas*

Don Juan
Reaction score
So this girl like obviously likes me - she basically begged me to ask her to homecoming, (and told another guy who asked her no), she teases me about other girls that show interest in me and generally in class she always turns around to talk to me.. and then when I text her, she gives 1 word answers.

When I first started texting her the answers were pretty long so idk. Is this normal or..?

thenewreign

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say it depends on the content of your guys conversations. If you're talking casually then she might be giving one word answers as a sign for you to talk about something more interesting or sexual. On the other hand, if you're trying to flirt with her and she's just giving short replies I'd say she might be having fun just messing with you.. Try to talk about more personal or sexual stuff and see how she responds to that, that should give you your answer.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is why we only text to set up dates!

Its too hard to gauge interest because shes not physically there. As long as her real life actions(the ones that matter) are positive, then theres nothing to worry about.

Solution is simple. Dont text her.

Stingers

Don Juan
Reaction score
She might like your attention in person, she might be losing interest (she might not even be interested) , she might be playing games, who knows. Like the top poster said, be sexual and get back with us to see how she responds. we need a little more background.

DanZy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frayzer said:
This is why we only text to set up dates!.
Dude you seem to be reading the don juan bible and just repeating it at every chance.
Texting is fine in hs, hell texting is damn useful in hs. Make it fun and sexual and you're sorted

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DanZy said:
Dude you seem to be reading the don juan bible and just repeating it at every chance.
Texting is fine in hs, hell texting is damn useful in hs. Make it fun and sexual and you're sorted
Texting can go many ways and sometimes misinterpreted. I used to be huge on texting and messaging and most of the time i exposed too much information. However keeping it fun and playful is better i agree, but its a lot harder said than done for some. Especially when the convo gets "dull." Plus some texters are different in person which creates a dilema. You may not know but these are some reasons on why i emphasize on Charisma.

In person is a lot better, theres a reason why its in the DJ bible im not just blindly following. Maybe im just sick of being behind a screen since i found out i can do a lot more things in person.

In the OP's context her responding not to his expectations is making him insecure. Which 90% of the time leads up to doing something stupid.

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*Salas* said:
Don't care too much now because I know she's interested.
Then there you go.

Now, just trust your gut and hangout with her.

SyncBoss

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't rely on text for calibration. I've learned that text isn't a reliable way to indicate if a girl is interested in you, just because it's hard to pull emotion through words on a phone. She may just be a lazy texter. I know sometimes I'll write long ass paragraphs when I'm feeling social, and the other 80% of the time it takes 20-80 minutes to get back to someone about something as simple as food. Responses can vary by alot