Losing motivation for everything

ink_wizard

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Gee where do i start. 26 year old guy here whose down and out and its not just about chicks its about life in general. I am currently unemployed and am finding it hard to find work and find my passion in life.

I have done several courses in my life which at start was excited about and then after a while i lose interest and throw the towel in. I do boxing as part of my hobbies and after a couple of months ive lost interest in that too and am struggling to find the motivation to continue going. The trouble is i have no passion in life, theres nothing that makes me want to get out of bed in the morning and do something. The only thing i like doing lately is sleeping.

And yes before you ask i am seeing a therapist and thats not helping me much either. I do have depression and am taking medication for it but doesnt help me too much. I have acheived nothing in my life. im still living with my parents because i cant afford to get a place of my own, where i live house prices and rentals are expensive and without a job i have no chance.

I am also not talented at anything, all the little jobs ive had in the past ive been sacked because i could not "get it right" even in boxing no one ever wants to train with me because im so lousy. this has destroyed my confidence. i havent been able to keep a job down for more then 3 months. I'll admitt i am a slow learner but no one cares, everyone just expects you to be superstars over night and this is depressing.

I dont know what to do anymore, its a struggle to keep going everyday with nothing to look forward to. I dont know what to do :(

ink_wizard

Don Juan
Reaction score
It is easier said then done though!
I am useless at everything! all the jobs ive had ive been fired because ive been no good despite how much i try! people never seem to give me a chance.
And this depresses me beyond belief! whats the point in trying when i know people arent going to be patient with me and im not talented?

stephen_dedalus

Don Juan
Reaction score
ink_wizard said:
Hey guys,
Gee where do i start. 26 year old guy here whose down and out and its not just about chicks its about life in general. I am currently unemployed and am finding it hard to find work and find my passion in life.

I dont know what to do anymore, its a struggle to keep going everyday with nothing to look forward to. I dont know what to do :(
You should read some stuff by David Burns, a pioneer in the field of something called cognitive behavioral therapy, especially "Feeling Good: The New Mood therapy". His work focuses on how depression is based on negative thought patterns that are unrealistic ways of viewing yourself and the world. It has certainly helped me out of a rut I was in a few years back. Also keep up with boxing, its fun. At least at my gym nobody expects you to be the next Marciano or whoever, its just about improving yourself day after day and not necessarily comparing yourself to others. Hope this helps

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
I've read your thread to the part where you said you seeing a therapist.

You often see me bashing about America, yesterday I even got a warning from moderators, verbal over private message, about name calling -- thought it was really about bashing on America and American life style, and Americans in general as .............. well.

My problem with America is as follows, it does everything to kill you, put you down, force you to act different in order to fit in, work, buy, spend, eat, get fat, entertain yourself, die. The food found in America is mostly genetically modified, the meat is growth hormone injected, and there are additives, and conversvants everywhere. Even the sugar is fake -- the sugar is what your cells use for energy. Then you have flouridated water. Basically the whole American diet makes your dumber, submissive, depressed, suicidal, impotent.

Why? It is a masonic agenda called population reduction, and it is going on everywhere in the world, except free countries. Free countries like Cuba, Iran, Venezuela, Russia, and a marriad of 3rd world countries, which American progress or degrees hasn't arrived yet, and where America isn't dropping bombs yet.

Basically you are depressed because you live in a depressive environment where you are being killed slowly, soft-killed.

Normally people get out of your situation by starting doing something with their lives, but I'm afraid it will not work in your case. The doctor will prescribe you some pills, which will even further destroy you.

And that is the American life.

I have a rabbit here, he's in cage. He's doing alright, I'm feeding him all the time. But he'd love to come out of his cage and walk around, get his freedom. But he doesn't know the world, he doesn't know how to deal with predators, etc. It's you and majority of Americans, you'd love to take a vacation, but living in another country is perhaps too hard core for you.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backseatjuan said:
but living in another country is perhaps too hard core for you.
And you can have it. You are completely free to do what you want, and it seems like you are doing it. But in all seriousness, I don't see the need for you to try and convince others that you're so happy. Seems like you are bitter as a mother fvcker. Just sayin'.

Therefore, you are really not qualified to be giving this guy advice. Kill yourself - quickly, so us Americans can kill ourselves slowly and in peace.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Back to the OP's question...

You need to train yourself to stick with stuff. But since you've been failing at that, you are doing too much based on your current skillset.

If you can't lift 100 lbs, there is point in trying to lift 140 lbs. Drop the weight to something you can manage, and work your way up. You need to take baby steps.

Pick ONE fairly easy (and hopefully fun and constructive) hobby or activity and force yourself to stick with it for 30 days. Then extend to 60 days, 90 days, etc.

You need to train your mental "stick with it" muscle. But you need to "lower the weight" first so you can train it.

HalfAddict

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oklahoma where the wind comes sweeping down the pl
Roll a joint, smoke it.

Get a dose of DMT, smoke it.

Come back with a completely new outlook on life, pack a bag.

Take that bag and get on a ****ing bus to wherever you have always wanted to go, go there. If that fails go somewhere else. :rockon:

Before you scoff, this is pretty much exactly what I'm doing now...currently in Largo Florida, on my way to Steamboat Springs Colorado as soon as the van of hippies arrive!