Looking too young

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, I'd like to thank everyone at the boards here, before starting my post. DJ'ing has taught me a lot of things, but most of all to be confident and to get what *I* wanted from the start.

This philosophy helped me end my one-month "relationship", since I wasn't comfortable with the girl and couldn't really develop any feelings towards her. Plus, she wouldn't go far enough (no sex), so I had no reason to stay and nexted her without remorse.

Now I have a question of general interest, that also applies to me.

Let's put this in context. A lot of girls my age don't even look at me since I look too young for my age (I'm 17 and look around 15). Plus, I'm kind of of short (about 173 cm). The problem is, I'm mature and don't want to settle for younger girls.

Question: Are there any tricks to make younger-looking guys look older, and ways for girls not to be fooled by appearance and give us the opportunity to make a first impression?

--Engetsu

Reaction score
Dress more nicely. Grow some facial hair. Get a cool friend and ask them to be honest about which parts of you look dumb or young and need to be swapped. Asking a girl = also good idea.

bishopdonjuan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had that problem for a long time. Younger girls I don't want being attracted to me becuase i look young and girls my age and older assuming i'm younger. Theres nothign you can really do about it short of working out and making sure you keep your DJ status high. Then even if you look younger you can still score those dimes. Everytime you are competing with one of those 17 year olds that look 25 just think hey...I'm a better DJ then them so whatever qualities they have that got that girl, I have in triples. This WILL work trust me, and you'll start understanding that this game is not about looks (in the physical sense i mean u still have to be presentable) even to the point that you 17 looking 15 could probably pull some 20 year olds....I know i did when i was that age :D

Zossima

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Engetsu

Question: Are there any tricks to make younger-looking guys look older, and ways for girls not to be fooled by appearance and give us the opportunity to make a first impression?

--Engetsu
I had to smile when I read this post.

I was feeling the same thing when I was your age. (I'm now in my 40's). I looked younger than everyone else and I thought it was a curse. My youthful appearance was actually a blessing in disguise. As I got older I never looked my age and now I am reaping the rewards. Nobody believes it when I tell them my age and the range of women I get is a lot broader from one's in their late 20's and on up. You'll be thankful when some of your friends start looking like they could be your father and you mature internally while not ageing much externally. Count your blessings.

DonCruez

Don Juan
Reaction score
AND you don't have to wait until you're in your 40's. I'm 27 and when people estimate my age based on my looks they give numbers between 19 and 24. For ONSs, girls between 18 and 22 are the best :)

BTW, don't try the facial hair thingy unless your have enough hair growth on your face. I don't, and tried but it just looks ridiculous.

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im in the same boat...trust me, it is the greatest blessing once you get beyond the age of say 21....Maturity, personality, to go along with looks....Don't worry about it...everything will flip eventually...Just work on being the best you can, work out, and the chicks will flock...

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm riding in that boat too. You may not appreciate it now, but you will.

I'm 40 and get looks from women in their mid 20's all the time. Since my baggae just left me, guess I'm gonna take advatage of it.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all about the conversation, If you look fifteen and talk twenty, you should be able to prove yourself to be at least 17.

sisyphus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to be 23 in a few months and I have the same problem.

I was at a party last weekend and when I mentioned how old I am, a guy couldn't believe it and said I don't look older than 17. I'm not small either, it's just the babyface. It's kind of annoying, but it could be worse. Atleast you're not one those guys in highschool who looked like they were 35, by the time they're 50, they're really going to look old.

Recently I grew sideburns and I think that helped out a little. Of course, how you carry yourself has a lot to do with it too.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
loll Thanks for giving me hope for the future Reto, Zossima, and DankNuggs

Six-String Samurai, I agree with what DonCruez says on facial hair, since I don't really have any except for a little mustache, but I'm getting little hairs on my chin these days, maybe times will change soon... :D

And to bishop n PRMoon, I don't agree with you completely... A lot of 18 and 19 year old girls wouldn't want to be seen with a guy that looks too young... Even today, a group of girls told me the first thing they noticed about me was that I looked so young, and the other day this HB9 asked me if I had an older brother... Kind of pisses me off, but I guess time will make things better, gotta stay optimistic

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I've been a martial artist for 10 years now and I have a pretty good build, but that really doesn't make me look order and plus I'm korean.. and my parents both kinda look young and I'm 18 years old looking like a 15-16 year old which does kinda suck at times, but I do believe that as long as you have a strong mind set, you don't really give a fk what happens. As for looking old, You really can't do much.. its life man.. just live it.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PEACEDJ
Hey, I've been a martial artist for 10 years now and I have a pretty good build, but that really doesn't make me look order and plus I'm korean.. and my parents both kinda look young and I'm 18 years old looking like a 15-16 year old which does kinda suck at times, but I do believe that as long as you have a strong mind set, you don't really give a fk what happens. As for looking old, You really can't do much.. its life man.. just live it.

PEACE, be glad....very glad. Asians are blessed with a little extra fat on their faces, giving them a youthful look. It's good genes man. :) Not too many of them have the hollow cheeks with creases that gives the older, 'manly' look. When you're young it kinda takes off about 3-5 years off your age, but once you hit 30 you'll be GOLDEN. I mean just perfect. :) So stay put and work girls slightly younger than you. It will be good in a short while.

--R/J--

Don Juan
Reaction score
Enjoy it dude. Some of us, like me, look a ****load older than what we really are. Yea, its nice now, but I got a feeling it's gonna kick me in the ass when I get around 30.

Reaction score
Wow I know what you mean man, I'm 19 but people often think I'm around 17 because I have a baby face and a feminine jawline.

I grew a goa tee once to look older but it didn't make me look older. Instead I looked ridiculous, having a baby face and a goat tee .... watch out if your growing a moustache, goat ee, beard or whatever.... you don't want to get one of those "adolescent" facial hair types, that won't make you look older at all...

Donjuanpablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Woahh, be thankfull, you'll know what i mean when you hit your 20s and 30s.

Anyway, dont change a thing about the way you look, you'll just look stupid if your try look older. Its all about carrying yourself with confidence in right way.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
You may not like it now, but trust me, when you get older, you're gonna dig it.

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice input from everyone.

I guess it all comes down to accepting the way we are and dealing with life with confidence.

Plus it's better on the long run, it's like studies, you make less money now but when I'm out of University, cha-ching :D

Any tips that'll help me grow taller, other than drinking milk and sleeping a lot?

Reaction score
Hmm help you to grow taller, are you fukking kidding? If you're very short and still young sometimes doctors can put you on some hormone therapy, doesn't happen to often though. I've never had to worry about being taller, since I'm 6'3" and all. As long as you're not as small as Danny Devito(5'0") it won't matter too much when it comes to ladies.