Long hair? Short hair?

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've personally been intrigued by the following question lately:
What's better? Letting your hair grow long, or keeping it shorter?

I know this may sound like another "Should I grow my hair or not" thread, but it's not. I'm trying to get to the bottom of the pro's and cons of having long or short hair.

Personally, I have found that long hair makes women much more susceptible to things I say than when I have short, gelled hair. Ofcourse, it also depends on the style of your hair, color and other factors, but nevertheless, the length of the hair seems to have a relatively big impact on the way women react to you.
Now, there is the downside that a lot of women just basically aren't interested in you, because you have long hair. It does give off a certain amount of a "softie" look, no matter how masculine you are.

As for short hair, I can't really tell how short hair would affect one's game, because I've had long hair since I came on here.

So, what's your opinion?

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it depends on the person

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by I-am-someone
I've personally been intrigued by the following question lately:
What's better? Letting your hair grow long, or keeping it shorter?

I know this may sound like another "Should I grow my hair or not" thread, but it's not. I'm trying to get to the bottom of the pro's and cons of having long or short hair.
Pro's of having short hair:
  • Makes it harder for Roman Legionnaires to grab during a melee.
  • Lice are easily identified and removed.
  • Takes less time to dry.
  • More inexpensive in terms of maintenance and care.
  • You probably won't be mistaken for a female.
Cons of having short hair:
  • It's not long.
  • You can't put it in a ponytail.
  • You can't tell a girl "my hair is longer than yours!"

Pro's of having long hair:
  • Your new ability to talk to a girl about your experience with the latest conditioner.
  • You can now make the claim that you are Fabio's cousin.

Con's of having long hair:
  • A guy might be checking you out from behind thinking you're a girl.
  • If you ever go to jail you'll make many, many new friends.
  • Haircuts are more expensive.
  • You have to worry like a girl about drying your hair.
  • You spend more on hair products.
  • Easy to grab onto in a fight, letting someone yank your head around like a tetherball.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's fair to say that diablo seems to be slightly leaning towards recommending "short hair" as an answer (although he did post a completely unbiased comparison of the two styles) . . . .

. . . .

As for me. I say do what you want. It's more than likely one of those deals like, "Is it good to have facial hair? Nice glasses versus contacts?" etc. etc. Each girl has their thing, and this website itself is helping us to get the girl EVEN IF her initial impression of us is, "Not my type". So even if a longer haired dude isn't "her type", you should be able to swing it. And if it ends up looking nice anyway, then that's extra good for you.

Alexi

PS - I think it never hurts to experiment. You can always cut your hair shorter in the future, or grow it longer in the future. One of those few features we have semi-control over.

Dominus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Long hair? Short hair?

Originally posted by diablo
Makes it harder for Roman Legionnaires to grab during a melee.
Classic! Been watching Chucky III?:cool:

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I personally opt for long hair. I think that it looks much better on guys. Only guys with big, pronounced jaws(like brad pitt) look good with a buzz.

Although if you dont have the right hair DO NOT grow it as it doesnt look good.

alboh

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask a girl.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get a #3 all the way around. Short hair is easy to manage.

Plus I think people with long shaggy hair or white people with fros look like dirty bastards

Swede54

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Persoanlly i have had short hair for a long time. Im in the process of growing it out. (to my shoulders). I have come to the folloiwng conclusions.

1. Long hair needs to be treated well.
2. Dont grow long hair if you have a feminine face/body frame.
3. Long hair with a bit of facial hair(goatee/light beard) can kill the girly look.
4. Most girls dont like long hair. But the ones that do will want you more as your a rarer comodity.
5. Some people just shouldnt have long hair.

I-am-someone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Swede54
4. Most girls dont like long hair. But the ones that do will want you more as your a rarer comodity.
What's that based on?

I personally have hair that is about 13 cm(5.1181102 inches) long. I had my mom cut it recently (she knows how to, don't worry) as it was starting to annoy me. I did however keep on getting comments before that, that I should let my hair grow out to get the whole rockstar look going.

I think I'm going to get my hair cut to about half it's current length by a professional hairdresser sometime this month.

tibbetts

Banned
Reaction score
Re: Re: Long hair? Short hair?

Originally posted by diablo

Con's of having long hair:
A guy might be checking you out from behind thinking you're a girl.
:D That's so damn true. My friend has long blonde hair that hangs just above his shoulders and he gets hit on by a lot of guys who've just seen him from behind thinking he's this some hot blonde chick.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i would not mind leaving my hair long at all. but i never have anddont think i would cause i have too much hair, plus my hair follicles are thick, so the top of my head is lumpy with hair.

it reaches halfway long, then i cut to short again...

but amazing how certain hair styles can actually make you look better or worse.

one of my friends is below average in looks, and has a face that goes into his chin. for a few months he let his hair grow long, just enough to cover his face....hard to admit but he looks much better with it than his current short hair.

i guess the best combination for hair style is based on your facial features.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Long hair makes me look 5 years younger so I keep it short. I won't attempt long hair again until I can grow some serious facial hair.

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It really depends on your face and features. Me, I know there's no way in hell I could get away with long hair. I'm like the Jason Statham type. Can you imagine him with long hair? Hardly.

Tweek_1984

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had short hair for 19 years, until I started growing it 14 months ago.

I havent had it cut or anything. I tie it back with an alice band. (like how Ronnie O' Sullivan used to wear his here)

I'm used to wearing it now so I think I get away with it.
I only have to wait a couple more months before I can put it in a pony tail. I've tried and tested infront of the mirror and it looks money. :D
Even though I thought ponytails looked totally weird and gay. I don't know, I think I'll get away with it because I'm young, athletic and I have a sort of hard face so I can't really be mistaken for a girl.

BUT, I hate the management. I've sort of become addicted to growing it and I'd be pissed of with myself if I got it cut now. But I moult like a dog everywhere! It takes like 5 minutes+ to dry my hair with a dryer.

I'll definately get a skinhead sometime. But I think once I get it in a ponytail, I'll keep it like that for a year or so. Give it a test-run.

Tweek_1984

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Microphone Fiend
this thread is nothnig without pictures
I would but i dont have any means of transferring my camera photos onto my pc. yet.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
this thread is nothnig without pictures
Allright. Here's me last week. #1 all the way around, with slight facial hair. I retained the same haircut this week, but different facial hair (I get bored and change hairstyles/facial hair often)

Hot or Not pic

I'd show you when I 'grow my hair out' (to about a #3 or #4) in order to style it.

I actually get about the same comments whether my hair is short or long (although I've noticed more girls comment favorably when it's about a #4 and styled with gel, however those girls that SAY that tend to be too conservative for me so I'm trying out a new do with hopes of attracting girls a little more wild than I usually tend to find)

Alexi