LoL what did I do wrong?

bankai

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm walking in the mall, phone in one hand (texting) coffee in the other. Girl stops me and starts asking about credit cards and signing up.

There were two ppl (the girl and a guy) I king of ignore the girl as they're talking . My attitude is nonchalant with a little bit of "I'm busy, make it quick". They're both asking questions about me being a student (part of the credit card process) they both are studying in econ, and they find out that i'm doing my MA in econ.

me: alright I'll sign up, only because you (the girl) were so ballsy in stopping me when I was doing work on my phone.

girl: smiles and laughs.

They're both interested and are asking questions and I slow down and give a little more attention to them, nice guy encouraging stuff. The guy leaves for a few mins.

me: so what year are you in?
girl: 1st year.
me: Wow really? I thought you were around 23 by the way you talk.
girl: blushes/smiles no ... I'm 18 :)
me: so what do you plan to do with your degree
girl: starts talking about econ and going into law etc... (i'm listening intently of course)

Then the guy comes back (damn) he starts asking questions again about my school and back to business as usual.

I noticed that as the girl is fillng out forms that she's left handed. I'm ambidextrous so when she handed me the pen I grabbed it with my right and and made and obvious switch to my left hand.

girl: you're left handed? me to!
me: not many of us around, we're better than the rest ;)
girl: totally

At that point I was finished and was hoping the guy would be leaving to help someone else but noone came. I left it there and said goodbye.

I knew I shouldnt go back... but hell you can't be afraid to get shut down... so I came back about 10 mins later and touched her shoulder.

me: i'm going to borrow you for a sec, (looking at her then the other guy)
her: uh sure!
*took her a few steps away from the guy* the guy follows
me: (to the guy): don't worry I'll bring her back.
Me: (to the girl): I'd love to have lunch with you sometime to get to know you better.
her: mmm i have a boyfriend.
me: really? I have a tree in front of my house.
her: ... what?
me: oh I thought we were talking about stuff that's not important. (she still looks confused). Well I'm just asking to have lunch to get to know you, I'm not asking for a date.
her: well...I'm getting off work soon but I have to rush out, maybe if you come by next time we can talk?
me: How bout you leave me your number and we can find a better place to talk.
her: sorry I have a bf.
me: alright, see ya.

OamImrsNemo

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont get why anyone tries getting a girl who currently has a boyfriend.

1. If she does it to him she will do it to you

2. Karma is definantly a b!tch

So why do people feel neccesary to steal somone else's woman?

Should have some respect.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maxtro said:
You didn't yell Bankai!!!
This, and you should also have rubbed your urine under your armpits. That would surely have gotten her!

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
When a girl says IHAB, she's either telling the truth or dressing up the fact that she's just not that into you. Totally.:cry:

You just made jokes with no sexual seasoning and no excitement stimulators. That gives the girl a label engraved "Wussy friend" with your name on it. :flowers: Totally.

You gotta pique her interest from jump street. Be a man. Show your courage! Do that and you decrease your chances of getting the boyfriend line. Totally.:cool:

Judge Nismo-4 found you guilty of not making your sexuality known. You are hereby sentenced to hard time with time hard by yourself, and your left hand. They you will be flown to Uninteresting Pines, Vermont. Totally.

Case closed. Totally.

Last edited:

Uberguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OamImrsNemo said:
I dont get why anyone tries getting a girl who currently has a boyfriend.

Agreed. And since some people on this forum think ethics are for AFCs, I'll add you should have some SELF-respect. Regardless of whether or not you're cool with backstabbing another guy, just bear in mind that if she cheated for you, she eventually cheat on you.

Mistic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You put LOL in the title of your post for starters. I would advise everyone to cut down on their lol's especially with women. It's a form of "appology" that makes you look insecure.

brekke

Don Juan
Reaction score
bankai said:
I'm walking in the mall, phone in one hand (texting) coffee in the other. Girl stops me and starts asking about credit cards and signing up.
How the hell do you think this is cool to talk about? She is being nice to dumbasses to get them to sign up.

brekke

Don Juan
Reaction score
nismo-4 said:
When a girl says IHAB, she's either telleng the truth or dressing up the fact that she's just not that into you.
I had one girl tell me this, and I thought she was lying so I was pissed, but she married that guy like 6 months later. hahahahha

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have potential to be good with girls if you work on a few things.

You have good wit and can carry a conversation well.

However as someone already pointed out, you worked too much on building comfort instead of creating attraction.

An approach whether its cold or someone you know relies on two things for success outside of physical attraction:

a) comfort: make them feel like they can talk to you and its fun/easy

b) attraction: not the physical kind, building her emotions up, making her excited at the thought of seeing you again.

In this situation you didn't build much comfort and there was ZERO attraction.

Its fairly easy to implement this once you have a conversation going, throw in a few jabs, tease her a bit and see how she reacts. If it goes well, amp it up a bit and make her feel like your a catch. The rest (number, date, sex) of it is a given if you do your job right.

PIMP

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Can anyone of you DJs copy/paste the conversation and modify it to reflect their opinion on how it could have been done better? I'm interested to see how some of you might have done things differently.

Captain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OamImrsNemo said:
So fvck buddy..... and not necessarily, a lot of it is down to interest level and how attracted she is to her boyfriend.

Karma doesn't exist, so this point is moot.

Because they take what they want.

You mean respect the chump who can't keep a woman under control? Somebody will come between them, may as well be you.

bankai

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks to those who gave constructive feedback. As someone said, I would love to hear how a DJ or someone more experienced would have handled the situation.

Also could someone give me more info or point me to an article about creating comfort/attraction?

Real Talk

Don Juan
Reaction score
If she drops the IHAB line, just back off. Even if you ran more game its not going to happen. Respect that, and move on. Otherwise its just going to seem like you don't get the hint/ creepy.

It's good that you were direct- but she didn't pass the only important IOI test- you asked her out and she said no.

There's really nothing you can do. Pat yourself on the back that you didn't waste your time and keep it moving.

If a girl is trying to sell me something/get me to sign up, I wouldn't try to run game unless its blatantly obvious that shes interested. Too much of a chance that the "rapport" you think you've created is them just trying to sell you something.