Lifestyle change advise.

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I had it.

It's time for me to grow up and move out of my parent's house.

I'm a disabled Veteran in my 30's, medically retired from The Air Force making about 3.5k a month with a monthly pension.

Currently Im still in The Philippines, enjoying my vacation, searching for a girlfriend or wife...........but the thought of having a significant other is so out there when I've been rusty when it comes to my own independence.

So when I get back home, Id like to live in an okay modest Apartment and get an okay modest job as a custodian or Starbucks barista.

This job, along with my pension, I'd be getting my basic needs taken care of like internet, rent and groceries.

How would you go about this situation if you were me? Just wondering, muchas gracias.

BaronOfHair

Banned
Reaction score
How would you go about this situation if you were me? Just wondering, muchas gracias.
By prioritizing finding a decent place of your own in which to live, and re-establishing your independence, over skirt chasing. I'll start you off, with a little basic guidance

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, I had it.

It's time for me to grow up and move out of my parent's house.

I'm a disabled Veteran in my 30's, medically retired from The Air Force making about 3.5k a month with a monthly pension.

Currently Im still in The Philippines, enjoying my vacation, searching for a girlfriend or wife...........but the thought of having a significant other is so out there when I've been rusty when it comes to my own independence.

So when I get back home, Id like to live in an okay modest Apartment and get an okay modest job as a custodian or Starbucks barista.

This job, along with my pension, I'd be getting my basic needs taken care of like internet, rent and groceries.

Hi Memoir,
In the Phillipines your Pension goes a long way,plenty of nice Ladies the living is easy,you are a respected person....Why go back?In the States,unless you have some other support system,you are basically competing with the sort of locals you see around you now, to live a life of servility...That's if you even get a job...Without that,at best a life of shabby gentility.

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Memoir,
In the Phillipines your Pension goes a long way,plenty of nice Ladies the living is easy,you are a respected person....Why go back?In the States,unless you have some other support system,you are basically competing with the sort of locals you see around you now, to live a life of servility...That's if you even get a job...Without that,at best a life of shabby gentility.
I thought about getting an apartment in Manila if I were to stay......

Would you live in the cities or provinces?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I'd personally go to Portugal rather than the Philippines if I was going to leave the states but that's just me.

ManFromTartarus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how much of the world you have seen so far, but I would keep looking.

Me personally, I would visit places like Australia, NZ, and south & central America, but I'm speaking from someone a little disenfranchised by the USA right now.

Like you I'm a veteran, and I've lived overseas and several places here in the US (both coasts, midwest, the south, even Texas), but there's a lot more out there, and I get the feeling that when you find your place in life, you know right away.

Good luck in your journey of self realization.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
IMHO if you think moving somewhere else is the answer to the problems you have now but you are doing nothing to address those problems internally, you are only blowing smoke up your own ass.

The answer is almost always fixing your mindset and controlling what you can control and not the location you live.

Last edited:

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMHO if you think moving somewhere else is the answer to the problems you have now but you are doing nothing to address those problems internally, you are only blowing smoke up your own ass.

The answer is almost always fixing your mindset and controlling what you can control and not the location you live.
I always get a strange itch when i see a member saying he wants a gf or wife but he has TONS of shyte to fix first...

In this day and age a gf is the cherry on top of your AWESOME life. Not the foundation. That's especially true if you want a quality gf...

On the other hand; great that you are fed up with the current situation! That's not one, but 10 steps towards the right direction. 90 more steps to go..

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The desire to move out where you can be content is natural.

Imagine being in prison where you have to watch your back and counting the days for years........ of course you wanna scram and get the living fvck out of there.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imagine being in prison where you have to watch your back and counting the days for years........ of course you wanna scram and get the living fvck out of there.
Ditch the drama, you're not Shakespeare.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Memoir,
"Would you live in the cities or provinces?"Sorry,I never replied to your question....You must ask someone your own age,having a similar values system,being able to appreciate your financial position and having visited a few places over there....For me the worst thing about the place is the oppressive heat and energy sapping humidity....I stayed in a few places,the nicest was Puerto Princesa,nice beaches,friendly people,cool sea breezes,the people you would be mixing with speak English and like every where else over there,by our standards, it's Chicken Shvit cheap.