Life Decisions?

FaithHealer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok guys, here's the deal. I live in a small town in Texas (like 30,000-40,000 population) going to a small junior college. I am 22, have changed my major a couple of times, and have finally settled on a degree in business. It's pretty much time for me to transfer to a four year college, they have one thirty minutes from where I live now. I have an apartment that me and my girlfriend were living in. A few weeks ago, she packed up and left me. I am renewing my lease for another six months, but I almost feel like maybe I should leave. My family all live close by, but it's not like we are super tight knit. I have lived in small towns in Texas all my life (and the rednecks around here are KILLING me). I just feel like I haven't really done much. Like maybe I should just pack up and go live somewhere like New York or Boston for a year or two. See the country or something. I could just leave after my lease is up, I could plow through and finish college here first, or I could just stay here for the rest of my life. IF I left there would be no guarantees I would even have a place to live. But I am just feeling like there is more to life than what I have now. For example, when I get older I will probably get married, settle down, etc. and I will never get a chance to do this kind of thing. Am I going crazy here? Have any of you ever just took off and lived somewhere just because you wanted to? Maybe it's just because I was recently dumped, but I just feel like this place has nothing to offer me. :(

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All this mess is because you've been dumped.

Do what I did not. Go to the gym, pack some masculinity and start over fresh. This is not only for girls, your ambitions will get fresh after this. And AFTER you do this you can move, but only if YOU want it. You're doing it for the wrong reasons and you don't even realize it.

Yes I speak from experience.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hey sometimes things happen in life that make us re evaluate ourselves and what we want out of life.
if you need a change of sceenery, perhaps a move isnt that bad of an idea.
think it thru, and find out financially what your options are first.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
do it

Live-n-learn

Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel the same way somewhat in regards to feeling that there's not much for me where I live. There's just so much to see in the world that I don't see myself staying in one location for such a long period of time. I'm also at the point of my life where I'm about come into my own. Many things are changing and a change of location is what I'm working towards once I sort out the financial stuff and graduate. Best of luck to the OP, whatever you decide to do.