Legs are STILL SKINNY!!

Wanderer*

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've had really skinny, stick-like legs all my life. I've been doing pretty hard-core heavy squats and deadlifts for the past 7 months, and sure, i can feel that my legs are bigger and thicker, but theres still just so much more to go!! People say that they are still like 2 sticks, what can I do to get hell big legs?

Thanks heaps, just getting pretty frustrated :crazy:

Edit: And yes i have been eating heaps, 6 meals per day, lots of carbs and protein etc etc, hence my legs have grown, but they are still sticks

frenchbeauty

Don Juan
Reaction score
What are your stats on Squats and Deads ?

Wanderer*

Don Juan
Reaction score
I can squat about 6-7 reps with 255 lbs, and deads i do about 155 lbs.
And this is considering i have a tall and skinny-ish build.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Post up your diet and training. How much do you weigh?

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your squat is 100 lbs higher than your deadlift, something is wrong. Most likely you're not squatting deep enough. And if you're only pulling 155 lbs after 7 months of training, your programming is probably off.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warboss Alex said:
20 rep squats = leg growth (and overall growth)
:up:

I can attest to that!

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you done any measurements of your thighs and calves? If so share the numbers here as well as your upper measurements let that be a guide as well to determine if you have sticks as legs as comments from others around you could be just being jealous chumps and just telling you that to mess with your progress.

If you have a picture post your legs only but whats important to me is being proportional as a whole.

LoneSilver

Wanderer* said:
I've had really skinny, stick-like legs all my life. I've been doing pretty hard-core heavy squats and deadlifts for the past 7 months, and sure, i can feel that my legs are bigger and thicker, but theres still just so much more to go!! People say that they are still like 2 sticks, what can I do to get hell big legs?

Thanks heaps, just getting pretty frustrated :crazy:

Edit: And yes i have been eating heaps, 6 meals per day, lots of carbs and protein etc etc, hence my legs have grown, but they are still sticks

Quagmire911

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wanderer* said:
I can squat about 6-7 reps with 255 lbs, and deads i do about 155 lbs.
And this is considering i have a tall and skinny-ish build.
As Kerpal said, something is WAY off.

Post up your weekly routine and diet.

What height and weight are you btw?

Last edited:

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah dude way off, but consider yourself lucky. I'm getting sick of buying new jeans where it's near impossible to get an acceptable waist size while having your legs still fit because they assume if you have big legs that you are fat :(

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mr.Ruckus same here...

I don't really consider myself big but my bodyweight is now 235 mornings and 240 evenings at 6-2 and my hips are 44 round with my thighs 25 round and my waist has stayed at 34 maybe up from 33.

I ended up buying a pair of Levi's 550's relaxed fit jeans that had a waist size of 35 didn't need it as my waist is 34 but I had to go with that size because of my hip and thighs being big it's hard finding the right sizes and I guess most powerlifters have this problem too.

But if my back problem doesn't get better to where I can resume lifting heavy I won't have to worry anymore.

LoneSilver

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You get to walk around like you sh1t yourself too because they make the jeans have a baggy ass as well if the legs are baggy.

Vag_Mag

Don Juan
Reaction score
are you focusing on the negative?

unlike in life, in weight training focusing on the negative will really get you places. go down nice and deep and nice and slow, even if that means you can't do as much weight

i work out with a guy, i lift much less weight than him but i'm bigger, stronger and more cut and one of the main reasons is because while he is just trying to "lift" the weight i really focus on a very slow, controlled negative

also for legs, i love sprints and upbacks (a football drill - sprinting forward and then backward)

and lunges are also a must, they make me sore as hell, but they are so worth it

hope this helps home slice

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Paint this picture for yourself

Nothing like camel toe for men...my balls hate me as my legs grow. I don't have $60 to throw around every month at jeans

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vag_Mag said:
i work out with a guy, i lift much less weight than him but i'm bigger, stronger and more cut and one of the main reasons is because while he is just trying to "lift" the weight i really focus on a very slow, controlled negative
How are you stronger than him if he lifts more than you do?