Leaving her behind

kawgreen

Reaction score
About 4 months ago I was on Myspace, aka meatmarket.com, and I got an email from a young woman that caught my attention. We did the usual internet thing: email, exchange of numbers, etc. Things were going smoothly,she lives and works in DC, I live and work in Baltimore, so we could only see each other once or twice a week. But we had a blast when we did hang out, and it seemed to be on the way to something, pure.

Well, a month ago all that purity became flushed with ****. She calls me up and says that she needs "closure" from her previous relationship. Guy cheated on her with his ex and broke her heart, but she's not over him and was afraid that she'd do the same thing to me. She didn't want anything more than friendship. So I did the only thing I could do, I told her that I wasn't going to be a friend, a chump in a box, for her or anyone. We talked off and on, and last Sunday she came to my house. We kissed, we hugged, it was like old times, but I couldn't get away from what she told me before, so I asked her to give me some space. She of course, calls me the next morning and I blew up, I told her that I nothing has changed and that I wasn't comfortable with the whole friend thing, and she says, "Okay I'll just won't call you until you call me." I don't want to talk to her, but she's stuck in my head, like a song.

Should I call her, and try this again?

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kawgreen said:
...She didn't want anything more than friendship... Should I call her, and try this again?
yes, you seem like the type of guy that likes to torture himself. By all means call her, and pour your heart out to her. Offer it up on a silver platter with your wallet, pride, dreams, and any other assets you have laying around. Let her break your heart over and over and over again, until finally, you wise up. The only question is, how long will it take?

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not if you expect anything more than a friendship.

If you're cool with being her friend, just talk with her like she's one of the guys, not like you're one of the girls, if you catch my drift. Otherwise, just don't call her, and move on.

Reaction score
Are you going to marry her? Is she a virgin? If no then treat her like a hor and be her part-time pimp!!!! Be cool kid - don't blow your top!!! Take a chill pill!

Say, "Yeah baby, take care of your business - I understand - give me a call when your mind is free!!!!" (Say this but without the exclamation points!)