Learn Charisma from TV Hosts

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Be more charismatic by studying and mirroring talk show hosts. They just sound cool!

MTV, E!, STC, Comedy Channel, and most channels that will have a person blabbering for a long time will obviously have that person be interesting.

Look at how happy, confident, funny and outgoing they seem to be! How'd they do it?

The smile, glitter in their eyes, make these people seem to me completely magnetic.

I think they do to you, too.

The secret is in the body language.

Look at how they smile when they're saying something interesting. Their eyebrows move, they speak loud in a fun tone but not an angry one (some people when they try to be loud they just seem angry).

So my advice to you is if you see some one who seems completely interesting talking on TV (or better yet, in person), ask yourself "Why?"

It's not just what they're saying. Who cares about what they had for breakfast? I don't... but why can't I help but smile while he tells me?

Just look at their face!

Basically, mirror these ways of speaking and you'll get a whole lot of attention. That's what charisma will do for you. ;)

-- On a side note, when I speak correctly in Portuguese (nois = nos, muieh = mulher, veio = velho) I just seem a whole lot more attractive, my voice tone changes and I appear more sociable. I don't know if this applies to the English language, since I only use it outloud when singing. :D

Last edited:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not too sure that is charisma, it sounds more like an outgoing personality which is completely different than being charismatic. Charisma is not about how you appear to other people, it's about how other people feel when they are around you. Given, talk show hosts are personable and have outgoing personalities but I've never felt that any of them made anyone feel anything other than at ease, not better or good about themselves.

What do the rest of you guys think?

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
I'm not too sure that is charisma, it sounds more like an outgoing personality which is completely different than being charismatic. Charisma is not about how you appear to other people, it's about how other people feel when they are around you. Given, talk show hosts are personable and have outgoing personalities but I've never felt that any of them made anyone feel anything other than at ease, not better or good about themselves.

Francisco's right.

Talk show hosts seem kind of fake to me.

Jimbo2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia

Charisma:
An ability. Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness. It represents actual personal strength, not merely how one is perceived by others in a social setting.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jimbo2k
Charisma:
An ability. Charisma measures a character’s force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness. It represents actual personal strength, not merely how one is perceived by others in a social setting.
I agree it's an ability but when I think of a force of personality and persuaveness I first think of a used car salesman. Magnatism, the ability to lead and physical attractivness is all good but it only works if you other people feel good enough around you to follow where you lead!

Personal strength in a social setting? This entire definition makes charisma sound imposing, forceful, overpowering and manipulative. You might as well get a rope to lasso and hog tie the person you are attempting to attract.

I don't know where you found that definition but www.webster.com says that charisma is a personal magic of leadership arousing special popular loyalty or enthusiasm for a public figure (as a political leader) b : a special magnetic charm or appeal or a trait that fascinates, allures, or delights, a physical grace or attraction.

No mention of strength, power or even pulling someone in by leading. It speaks of loyalty, delight and fascination which draws people to you without you forcing them.