L-D breakup reasons

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
I am just curious as to why your long distance relationship broke up. I've been involved in a couple LDR's but they have all gone so well that one person moved to be w/ the other. It was only after we were living together that things went sour.

I'm in a position where I'll likely being entering a LDR in the next little while, and it will likely be a long time before either one of us would move. She just got her degree and is entering another program and I am settle and will not be willing to move anytime soon. I've also never been involved w/ someone this far (1200 miles). The others have been only a couple hundred miles away.

What kind of stuff should I be aware of. I just don't want to waste 2 years in a relationship that goes sour down the road. Although I'm willing to make an investment as I've already known this women for a long time and she is definately marriage material.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mine broke up for basically no good reason. The distance killed it.

She was going to move to be with me and changed her mind. It was her idea to move to be with me and it was her who changed her mind.

I still love her to and would welcome her back. Ive dated a lot of girls and she is the best. We still talk. I don't give up hope on this one although I do have several other options. It will take a damn good one to replace her, so I'm being picky.

GS-83

Don Juan
Reaction score
LDR sucks

as Stalluproar says, it is hard to keep up sexual tension and spontaneity in a ldr.

I kind of have an ldr (pretty ****ed up, see my other posts) but it is hard to keep the tension there without kino and face to face contact.

my suggestion is: let it slide, it aint worth it. there are too many random factors involved, she might meet another DJ an fall head over heels...

mail/call her once in a while to maintain a little IL, but keep your expectations low. 2 years is a long time and people can change a lot in such a time span.

have other options ;-)