kidney stones from high protein diet????

beercan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this some thinG that i NEED TO BE CONCERNED ABOUT.:eek:

sorry to bring this up but I heard it metioned a few times and was staring to get worried

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
drink appx. a gallon of water per day (a bit more if it's hot and/or you're very active).

Create Reality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should do a little research too. Lots of foods that are good for you like greens contain alot of the stuff that causes stones. Oxilate i think its called

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
I can confirm that. Althought I haven't peeied out a large stone, starting with high protein diet I had an incident where it felt like I was peeing one out. Sharp paint inside your penis when you pee.

Also urine smells on high pretein diet. The protein that you don't digest is going through your kidneys (or is it the liver) and and you pee it out, that eventually will cause stones.

But hey, nothing is free. Many people had stones.

Eating water melon once in a while cleans your kidneys. You can see your pee get white. White means healthy. Just water can't do that, plus it's a major drag drinking 1 gallon of water a day.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny thing though is I heard that drinking beer prevents this or those who drink beer rarely have stones but if your lifting maybe Miller Lite to avoid the calories.

LoneSilver

beercan said:

sorry to bring this up but I heard it metioned a few times and was staring to get worried

djSlvt

Banned
Reaction score
About beer. Since Im loosing weight, and keep a log of everything, I know what is good and what is bad for me. Drinking about 4 bottles in the evening makes me loose 2 to 3 lbs over night. I **** you not. I think this is because kidneys work over night, and since you are low carb (and prefferably stop eating before 6 pm), they burn fat for energy.

If you drink vodka, effects are even better, but hung over is bad and often I miss my morning run. Gin is even worst.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that's all water weight you've lost, since alcohol dehydrates. your body can still use the calories in alcohol for energy. liquor dehydrates harder & faster than beer, which is why you lose even more water weight--and why the hangover is worse. this isn't rocket science, and none of it is good for you if you're trying to take off bodyfat. and if you're doing this while on a high protein diet.....

ryannath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A little off topic, but I noticed that when I used to drink alcohol, I would get a headache that really wasn't worth the drinking, so one night I drank an energy drink and some gatorade before I started drinking alcohol, and I had no headache at all. I felt normal except for the staggering. It doesn't take the effects from the alcohol, just the headache for me.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ryannath said:
A little off topic, but I noticed that when I used to drink alcohol, I would get a headache that really wasn't worth the drinking, so one night I drank an energy drink and some gatorade before I started drinking alcohol, and I had no headache at all. I felt normal except for the staggering. It doesn't take the effects from the alcohol, just the headache for me.
truthfully, unless you're drinking really ****ty grain liquor (cheap vodka, etc.), you should be able to ward off such effects with proper hydration before hitting the booze and again before hitting the sack. obviously, the bigger the bender, the harder this is, not to mention less probable.....

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
beercan said:

It's a myth. Drink a gallon a day, eat quality food, exercise. You'll be ok.

-Mehdi.

smith02

Reaction score
Throttle said:
drink appx. a gallon of water per day (a bit more if it's hot and/or you're very active).
You mean drinks a lot of water can help us to prevent.
Is it U.K. or U.S. gallon????
If I take some honey with lemon water is it good for health and kidney???
:confused:

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The difference between us & uk gallons is 2-3 glass of waters.

Doesn't matter, drink your gallon.

-Mehdi.

LoneSilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe if I am not mistaken lemon water alone cleanses your liver but make sure you use the juice from a lemon or buy the juice and not from concentrate a big difference.

LoneSilver

smith02 said:
You mean drinks a lot of water can help us to prevent.
Is it U.K. or U.S. gallon????
If I take some honey with lemon water is it good for health and kidney???
:confused:

stronglifts

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoneSilver said:
I believe if I am not mistaken lemon water alone cleanses your liver but make sure you use the juice from a lemon or buy the juice and not from concentrate a big difference.

LoneSilver
You mean the lemonade diet as a detox method. It works, but if you exercise, it's not the best thing to do.

Want to clean your intestines, watch what you eat & try some digestive enzymes.

-Mehdi.

Destiny17

Don Juan
Reaction score
Too much protein can cause bloating and issues. My advice is only take about 20grams at a time if you're doing drinks. Otherwise get your protein from real food-you want the calories anyways.