Kickboxing

Lozz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a freestyle kickboxer - now what this means is that it is kickboxing combined with your own style. This is similar to Bruce Lee's Jeet Kun do. I have adapted kickboxing, ju jitsu, grappling and street fighting for an all round effective fighting method so that I am able to handle any situation. I would recommend such a martial art be taken up as a means of fitness, confidence and being able to take care of yourself in a street situation.

Now I will be posting certain techniques and methods but you must bear in mind that this sort of thing is best tought with the aid of pictures and not just words.

To begin with I am going to start with teaching you the fundamentals of being able to throw a knockout punch.
If knocking your opponent flat quickly depended only on impressive muscles then body builders could become boxers and earn millions from knockout wins. Do you know why they don't? It is simply because such a punch does not require awsome body strength. All strength can do is merely intimidate your opponent. Everything is in the technique. Timing, speed, velocity, the theory of power, the body's role, the trajectory of the punching arm, the line of power and the instinct factor are all the elements of becoming a successful power puncher.

Targets
You must know the target to hit before you strike. Such areas include the temple, side of the jaw, point of the chin, and the solar plexus. Other areas including kidney area , just below the heart, the groin, and knees. However these areas wont achieve a knockout but they will set you up for the incapacitating blow.

Now this is going to be a long post so we'll start with this for now and i'll post all you need to know later on. For now make sure you know those weak areas.

a denial

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How can you possibly be able to teach people over the internet?
It's not possible,you cant correct them if ther'ye doing it wrong for one thing.

Lozz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Er yes it is possible my naive friend. Firstly not all that you learn needs to be shown first hand to you. With practice you learn and you'll know when you get it right. I have learnt a lot of my techniques from pictureless books and adapted them to my own styles. You must remember I'm not teaching a whole martial art here, I'm simply giving tips, techniques, and the fundamentals to become an efficient fighter - the things that others overlook or cannot understand. Trust me, you'll know what I'm talking about when I finish the rest of my tutorial.

a denial

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ok....first i'm not niave.
I do shaolin kung-fu ,now i'm moving on to wing-chun. and second if you want to teach someone the basics of fighting it's simple.....look punch. Thanks "friend"

Lozz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if you had any knowledge on fighting you would know that its not as simple as looking and punching. Anyone who thinks they can punch effectively they are probably wrong. They would throw a punch and do no damage. Now I shant bother with this post if all i'm gonna get is critisism from idiots that dont know what they're talking about. Now should I continue?

DX_Flyer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry to say it but If i wanted to learn something, I'd want it in a voice, not words. Most people will be too lazy to read, or will misunderstand what they read. Also like denial mentioned, you wont be able to correct them if they're doing the wrong thing.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wing-chun would be a step down from Shaolin.....

I'm interested too, Lozz. I'm wondering if you know any about Muay Thai. All your knowledge is welcome, just don't be so sassy.

Polaris

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe
Give me a break. I think you've been watching too much David Carradine with all this death touch, too dangerous to compete,
insta-kill, imploding chi death strike rhetoric.

Seriously, when it comes to martial arts you're about as fickle as a young teenage girl. First you claim to do TKD and that it's the
ultimate style, then it's JKD, then BJJ, then Capoeira, now it's Shaolin. Did I leave any out?

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're going to go digging, at least make it accurate.

Never even thought TKD was ultimate. I knew it was puss the moment i stepped into the dojo.

BJJ is badass, but I never did it. Just study the books.

Capoeira is sweet.

And Shaolin is the ultimate, thank you.

I've actually never heard of David Carradine. It's Bruce Lee who started in Wing Chun, then made his way UP to Kung Fu. Wing Chun came from Shaolin, and involves less than does Shaolin, so yeah it's a step down.

Polaris

Don Juan
Reaction score

And Shaolin is the ultimate, thank you.
I think you have a lot to learn before you even think of deeming a certain style as the "ultimate". Besides Shaolin as reference to a style is a generic term, just like "Kung Fu" is. You know how many
styles came from the Shaolin temple? I wouldn't consider any
of them the ultimate.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let him continue and post more. I'm surprised how many people attack people without first listening to what he has to say.

There are so many forms of martial arts and so much variation in the skill of people practicing them that I imagine it would be very difficult to say what the best form of fighting is.

In fact I think it would be more appropriate to say that the best fighting style for a particular person will be very dependent on alot of their particular physical factors such as size and speed.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Polaris
I think you have a lot to learn before you even think of deeming a certain style as the "ultimate". Besides Shaolin as reference to a style is a generic term, just like "Kung Fu" is. You know how many
styles came from the Shaolin temple? I wouldn't consider any
of them the ultimate.
Yes, the 108 forms make up Shaolin. Not one of them are ultimate because they are ALL Shaolin. They all combine to create the ultimate. It is not a generic term. There is only one Shaolin KungFu, and it is everything that is body and mind.

a denial

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

would be a step down? so.......i have learned all i can from theat style now i am learning more. What is your problem with that?
Plus how do you know? This kung-fu could be the best stlye ever invented i could have the best teacher.So stfu before you go on about things you know nothing about.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, you've learned all you can about shaolin? Did you grow up in the Chinese forest temples?

Wing chun came from shaolin. Everything in wing chung is in shaolin. Hell, everything came from shaolin.

Polaris

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by a denial
So stfu before you go on about things you know nothing about.
Touche.

Polaris

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, you've learned all you can about shaolin? Did you grow up in the Chinese forest temples?
I don't believe he was speaking of Shaolin.

Hell, everything came from shaolin.
Okay let's see here

Boxing, Wrestling, Pankration, the Wu-Dang styles, FMA, Indonesian styles, Muay Thai. A few examples of styles that did NOT come from "shaolin". Some of them pre date it.

Also if you want to get technical, "shaolin" came from India. Not
everything "came" from Shaolin, because it "came" from something else.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oops.

Well, the original Shaolin monk came from india, but his styles and training developed in China. I guess it would be safer to say that all asian martial arts came from shaolin. Hell, man has been fighting for aeons.