Keeping girls on the "backburner" when having a girlfriend

otr4

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone--
I've been in a "commited relationship" with a girl for over a week now and have been dating this same girl for over three months. She is cool, I like her a lot, and she seems to really like me.
HOWEVER, I'm still not sure how much I can trust this girl. (She has a lot of guy friends, etc. but I'll save that stuff for another post).
Right now, I have two other girls I'm interested in. I would NEVER cheat on my girlfriend, but since I'm still not completely sure if I can trust my girlfriend, I would like to keep these other girls around just in case my current relationship doesn't work out. Is this possible to do? I have not told either of the other two girls I like about my recent "relationship" status with my girlfriend. How can I most productively and positively work this situation so I can keep these other girls around? Is this possible? Thanks.

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trust issues. If you don't trust her, call it off now. Why second guess everything she does or says when she's not near you?

Also worth looking into: Why don't you trust her? Just because she has guy friends? The reason why girls have guy friends is because she's too lazy/smart to put up with all the crap the afc's will put up with. A guy girl friendship, when neither wants to have sex with the other is a much easier relationship than two girls. They tend to be competitive, catty and some are downright spiteful. A girl with a lot of guy friends usually means that she doesn't like drama in her life, so that's a plus.

gentleman193

Don Juan
Reaction score
"I've been in a "commited relationship" with a girl for over a week now"

LOL. A week? And you didn't send out the official notices yet?

Reaction score
Get the girl you are atracted to or like the most and keep the other two on the back-burner. Trust is an issue that is necessary for a ltr or wifey material - if she is neither and just a play thing then why care about trust. Remember wh@res are loyal to no one - you are just the next guy in line. So don't be surprised if your suspicions come to fruition!

InLawsHateMe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Always keep at the least two on call...... anymore and well, things can get a little complicated.... I'm sure it can be done, but I'm unorganized, and can be a little lazy at times. :)

..or as David Lee Roth once said, 'I always keep two around, that way, if there's a conversation, I don't have to be involved.' :)

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting reading.