Just Keep Trying

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes, it seems like the world wants to **** on you. But guess what? No one can hold you back from finding success eventually, if you just KEEP TRYING.

NEVER reject yourself, let the girl do the rejecting for you.

Some of the most beautiful girls I ever met... man, if I could only go back in time...

Getting rejected hurts...for like a day.

But NEVER asking out a girl...dammit man, I went through this four year oneitis once. It. Was. Awful.

So what's it gonna be? Years of potential pain, or one quick shot to the heart?

You're a star and you don't even know it. Keep your head up.

The girl can only smile and blush at you. You have to be her Romeo. YOU have to rescue her from the loneliness, the pain, the agony of being surrounded by AFCs. You have to bring joy into her life. You can do it better than anyone else.

A girl wants 3 things: to feel beautiful, special, and wanted.

She'll stick by your side, cause you can give her all that and so much more.

thecurtainfalls

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I give this post my seal of approval.

My big thing lately is persistence. I refuse to reject myself because of my perception of how it 'might' go or what I think will happen.

My current mantra is "I will persist until I succeed or I am outright rejected". I don't even see a rejection as a failure currently because it means I attempted to see the interaction through to the end and gave it my best shot. It feels good when you can look at yourself honestly and know that you risked it, you went for it, and that you'll never be among those too timid to even try.

lakeshore

Don Juan
Reaction score
good post.

i'm noticing more positive, take no sh*t, never say die type posts around here.

maybe its just me.

if you drill into your head this type of attitude eventually it just becomes who you are. A positive thinking, proactive, go after it until you get it, type of person. :box:

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I apply the philosophy of persistence to business and ambition. Women either happen or they don't.

So with regards to truer forms of ambition, PERSISTENCE is your greatest ally. It is the only medicine with which failure cannot cope. Failure is an old man who sits in his chair, points his finger at you and sais "I told you so, I told you so." And if you listen long enough, his words will be true. But persistence is the simple antidote to all the bs and reasons why you can't.

How many people have become wildly successful only for their PERSISTENCE? How many morons got rich because they were too stupid to quit? It seems that persistence is a quality that can take you the distance on its own, in the absence of other qualities.

thecurtainfalls

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Persistence quotes:

"Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors" - African Proverb

"Don't halt before you are lame" - English Proverb

"People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to."

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison

"The rewards for those who persevere far exceed the pain that must precede the victory."

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats."

"Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit."

"If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew to serve your turn long after they are gone, and so hold on when there is nothing in you except the will which says to them: 'Hold on!'" -Rudyard Kipling

"I am not concerned that you have fallen -- I am concerned that you arise." - Abraham Lincoln

"I am a slow walker, but I never walk backwards." - Abraham Lincoln

"Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown."

"You just can't beat the guy who doesn't give up" - Babe Ruth

"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens." -Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The two most powerful weapons are courage and persistence. Nothing can stop a person armed with both."

"Illegitimis non carborundum (latin: Don't let the bastards grind you down)"

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." - Margaret Thatcher

"You choose to go voluntarily into the fire. The blaze might well destroy you. But if you survive, every blow of the hammer will serve to shape your being. Every drop of water wrung from you will temper and strengthen your soul."

"There is room in the halls of pleasure
For a long and lordly train,
But one by one we must all file on
Through the narrow aisles of pain."

lakeshore

Don Juan
Reaction score
thecurtainfalls said:
Persistence quotes:

"Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors" - African Proverb

"Don't halt before you are lame" - English Proverb

"People of mediocre ability sometimes achieve outstanding success because they don't know when to quit. Most men succeed because they are determined to."

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison

"The rewards for those who persevere far exceed the pain that must precede the victory."

"History has demonstrated that the most notable winners usually encountered heartbreaking obstacles before they triumphed. They won because they refused to become discouraged by their defeats."

"Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit."

"If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew to serve your turn long after they are gone, and so hold on when there is nothing in you except the will which says to them: 'Hold on!'" -Rudyard Kipling

"I am not concerned that you have fallen -- I am concerned that you arise." - Abraham Lincoln

"I am a slow walker, but I never walk backwards." - Abraham Lincoln

"Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game one foot from a winning touchdown."

"You just can't beat the guy who doesn't give up" - Babe Ruth

"The last three or four reps is what makes the muscle grow. This area of pain divides the champion from someone else who is not a champion. That's what most people lack, having the guts to go on and just say they'll go through the pain no matter what happens." -Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The two most powerful weapons are courage and persistence. Nothing can stop a person armed with both."

"Illegitimis non carborundum (latin: Don't let the bastards grind you down)"

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it." - Margaret Thatcher

"You choose to go voluntarily into the fire. The blaze might well destroy you. But if you survive, every blow of the hammer will serve to shape your being. Every drop of water wrung from you will temper and strengthen your soul."

"There is room in the halls of pleasure
For a long and lordly train,
But one by one we must all file on
Through the narrow aisles of pain."
good stuff man. also copied and to be read time to time.