Jeb Bush talks about his foreign bride

1stworldview

Banned
Reaction score
On Tuesday presidential candidate Jeb Bush spoke about the first meeting between himself and his future foreign bride, Columba. " It was love at first sight. I spoke little Spanish and she spoke little English, but when you are in love you can overcome those barriers pretty quick. There's another language that matters the most."

John Ellis "Jeb" Bush is an American businessman and politician who served as the 43rd Governor of Florida from 1999 to 2007. He is the second son of former President George H. W. Bush and former First Lady Barbara Bush, and the younger brother of former President George W. Bush.

Bush met his wife while in Leon, Mexico helping to build homes. Le?n is a city in the Mexican state of Guanajuato. They married a few years later in Austin, Texas, and now live in Coral Gables, Florida.

Is there a difference between Jeb Bush's Foreign Bride and so called Mail Order Brides? Feminists and women rights groups have argued for years that men who travel across boarders for love take advantage of women that come from lower economic regions. In 2005 the Tahirih Justice Center and Senator Cantwell pushed legislation regulating foreign brides, stating that men take unfair advantage of women in foreign counties. The law (IMBRA ) requires marriage brokers to run background checks on all men that seek a foreign bride. Bush's wife was underage at the time they met and came from one of the poorest areas of central America. Did Jeb Bush then take advantage of his future wife Columba? After all she came from poverty and Jeb Bush came from a powerful, wealthy family.

Kenneth Agee, Marketing Director of A Foreign Affair, a company that specializes in foreign bride match-making says, "Absolutely not! In our society and most societies women are always looking to find a better way of life. It is instinctual for females to find the best possible suitor for having a family, just like it is instinctual for men to be attracted to certain physical aspects of women. How would marrying into wealth make you a victim? The notion that men have economic control of women, at best, would not last long after marriage. It is equally invalid to say women have a control over men because of their beauty. The truth is, a negative situation can happen no matter where you meet and has more to do with character than economics or location. Personally, my wife is from Russia, is very strong-willed, and would never let herself become a victim. I find this to be true of most foreign women. I'm sure Jeb Bush would agree. Contrary to the opinion of Terra Justice Center, an INS study showed there were fewer issues with cross-border marriages than domestic marriages. In fact they have a much higher success rate"

And Jeb Bush is not the only candidate with a foreign-born wife. Candidate Donald Trump is also currently married to Melania Trump, a former model from Slovenia. Donald Trump's first wife, Ivana, is from the Czech Republic.

Marrying foreign women is becoming a trend for the elite. FOX News CEO Rupert Murdoch is married to Wendi Deng Murdoch from Jinan, China, with a 38 year age difference.

Yet feminists continue to argue that men seek foreign brides only because they lack the necessary social skills to find someone in the US. This is clearly not the case, as these successful men do not lack socials skills.

Society has changed greatly over the years and love has no borders. Looking worldwide for love is becoming the norm now. Each week companies like A Foreign Affair take dozens of men to countries all over the world where they attend social events, meeting hundreds of beautiful women and models, who like themselves are serious about finding true love and marriage. These men are from many varied walks of life: doctors, CEOs, policemen, businessmen, you name it. You don't have to be a Bush or Trump to see the advantage of looking abroad for real love.

With two candidates, Jed Bush and Donald Trump, both married to foreign brides, we could see our first foreign-born First Lady in the White House.

Reaction score
u damned betcha, bro! I wanted to take my pick of a large pool of smart, beautiful, highly-motivated women. So I went where such resources exist, and I married a stunner.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there anyone left in the US who still likes the Bushes? If they buy Jeb the nomination, I guess we will find out.

The point of the next election will be to keep one of corporate America's families in power. Bush or Clinton, it doesn't matter. They are the same thing. Corporate America wins every election, which is not surprising after Citizens v United, where the Supremes said that corps may give unlimited political contributions, as long as they buy TV ads instead of handing the money to the candidate. The individual donation limit is like $2,000. But a company can spend a million or two on your TV ads, and that is ok.

Why do people still vote? Why is anyone so stupid as to not realize that your vote amounts to dog sh!t? I just don't understand why so many clueless morons participate in this charade of a system we have. And my undergrad was in political science, lol.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.snopes.com/POLITICS/bush/laura.asp

Michael Douglas, the young man who was killed, had been a member of Laura Welch's crowd at high school and her friend. He had been a star athlete, excelling in track and football, and was looked up to by his peers not just for his athlete prowess, but for his personality and intelligence too. By all reports, he was likeable, outgoing, and funny. He was nominated as the school's most popular boy while a junior, an honor that almost always went to a senior.

There has always been speculation about the nature of his relationship with Laura Welch. One rumor asserts the two had never dated, but that Laura had been romantically interested in him. Another claims he had been Laura's boyfriend when he died, and another that he had once been her boyfriend but the couple had subsequently broken up. (The latter theory is advanced in the 2002 biography of the Bushes, George and Laura: Portrait of an American Marriage, which states Laura Welch and Michael Douglas had dated throughout early and mid-1963, but by the fall of that year Michael was going out with Regan Gammon, one of Miss Welch's closest friends.)

Reaction score
Jeb will be torpedoed by the "28 pages" that obama holds, wherein dubya knew all about the Saudi involvement with 911. Since his family has great ties with the saudis, and big dependence on Saudi oil, Dubya HID the facts from the public. Jeb will never make it. The repubs would be STUPID to run him and Obama would be stupid to reveal the report until the last minute, making it too late for the repubs to recover.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like to operate on rumors but I don't particular like the Bushs-I don't think they are necessarily bad people per se, but bad neo-con policies. There's just something about Laura Bush that always made me leery, so in that vain I would be open to suspecting there being a skeleton in that closet. But even if say the rumor was true, I don't hold it against W. I get the sense that the Bush boys with their money and rather average looks probably were targeted as providers by their aggressive/status seeking wives.

In that vain, I don't like Obamas and believe there is probably truth in the rumors, heck his confirmed actions are outrageous and unAmerican lol. I don't like the Clintons or some of the Kennedys and suspect there something to the suspicious deaths and that they take kick backs and are corrupt. I really don't know all the accusations out there as I don't follow political rumors and scandals much at all.

As far as voting, true we are never presented with good candidates that the media and establishment give a chance, but we could vote for one of the better or lesser of evils candidates instead of the elites pick-The first (lesbian) female president or another Bush neo-con.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
As far as voting, true we are never presented with good candidates that the media and establishment give a chance, but we could vote for one of the better or lesser of evils candidates instead of the elites pick-The first (lesbian) female president or another Bush neo-con.

You just described the best possible reason to vote for a third-party candidate that comes closest to what you think is best for you and this nation.

You are right. Voting either Democrat or Republican just changes who gets greased with political favors while working against the need and will of citizens, voters and taxpayers.

Not voting is not the answer.

DFW71

Banned
Reaction score
None of them are the best. As usual who is least objectionable will get my vote.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Is there anyone left in the US who still likes the Bushes? If they buy Jeb the nomination, I guess we will find out.

The point of the next election will be to keep one of corporate America's families in power. Bush or Clinton, it doesn't matter. They are the same thing. Corporate America wins every election, which is not surprising after Citizens v United, where the Supremes said that corps may give unlimited political contributions, as long as they buy TV ads instead of handing the money to the candidate. The individual donation limit is like $2,000. But a company can spend a million or two on your TV ads, and that is ok.

Why do people still vote? Why is anyone so stupid as to not realize that your vote amounts to dog sh!t? I just don't understand why so many clueless morons participate in this charade of a system we have. And my undergrad was in political science, lol.
D*mn bro, you just straight got caught using emotions and opinion to make a fact-less point. Come on man, you're better than that.

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Go fvck yourself. How many facts are in that point?
Preach, bro. Some people simply refused to accept facts.