Jeans Help!

Dude2Stud

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, what are the different jeans? I don't know the differences.

I want to know what kind of jeans are "fashion" today.

I'm skinny, so what type of jeans do you guy recommend me?

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skinny straight-legs are in. If you're ballsy, skinny, tapered jeans with a higher rise are at the cutting edge right now. Look at brands like Earnest Sewn, Acne, Nudie, Julian Red, Cheap Monday for this kind of look. Bootcuts aren't out yet, but straight legs should be where you look.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, I thought you meant durex jeans.

So yeah, clothes.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Where I live, jeans that are a bit loose (not baggy, just A LITTLE larger than your actual size) and a dress shirt tucked in are what girls dig the most.

The Juan and only

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm amazed by the number of people who come here to ask for fashion advice.

Monster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dude2Stud
Well, what are the different jeans? I don't know the differences.

I want to know what kind of jeans are "fashion" today.

I'm skinny, so what type of jeans do you guy recommend me?
Diesels and Seven are good for skinny people and they're 'in' right now if that helps ya

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seanchai is right. If you're at all interested in fashion, skinny/tapered or stovepipe/cigarette leg dark jeans are what's in. Depending on how much you're willing to spend, go to H&M and get a pair of raw Sliqs for $40, up to a local boutique for a pair of APC New Standards or New Cures, or Acne raw MaxCash ($200-$300). I'd go farther and recommend against the bootcut. Flared jeans are fully *out*.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Earnest Sewn, Acne, Nudie, Julian Red, Cheap Monday

In what stores are these brands sold? Are they in chain stores like Dilllard's and macy's?

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Earnest Sewn, Acne, Nudie, Julian Red, Cheap Monday

In what stores are these brands sold? Are they in chain stores like Dilllard's and macy's?
You can find Earnest Sewns at Nordstrom and Barneys and Bloomingdale's - they'll run $175-220 or so. Cheap Mondays are at Barneys and a lot - A LOT - of local boutiques with that hipster skinny aesthetic, and they're a relative bargain at ~$60. Acnes and Nudies are appearing in bigger stores like Barneys now, but are still mostly boutique brands. Nudies run $155-275 depending on cut and type of denim, and Acnes are all $200+ - I consider them overpriced. Julian Red is just about impossible to find in America (their whole operation is like four guys) nowadays, but Happy Endings in San Diego and Denim Bar outside Washington D.C. both stock them to the best of my knowledge.

For comparison, a similar "now" cut across these brands - a slim straight or tapered leg in a dark wash - breaks down like so:

Earnest Sewn Kyrre: $198
Acne Max Garage: $315 (!)
Nudie Thin Finn: $155
Cheap Monday Tights (the tightest): $60
Julian Red California: $175
APC New Standard (the loosest): $140

These brands all make different cuts that tend to fall around those price ranges, so if you're not comfortable with that skinny look you can still probably find something by them you will like. They all fall within the price range of Sevens and True Religions, and are much more unique and fashionable right now. Plus, with the local boutique connections they all tend to have, they go on sale BIG - like 50% in a lot of cases.