I've made my decision on the car I want, whatcha think?

WillieSacks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...&engine=&fuel=&doors=&style_flag=1&cardist=19

How much you think I can get it for. The bluebook for this car with the mileage it has n fair condition is 17,300. I'm going through my bank to get the loan. How much do you think I can haggle this guy for. Yeah, I test drove the charger and that muthafukka was way too big and the dealer tried the bait and switch, the ad was fro 14900 but all the add ons and the ttl made it 20,200 but I like this one moe even with the mileage, comments...

continuing from this post right here.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=113591&highlight=williesacks

Reaction score
Not a bad car for a kid from Mesa, Arizona!

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's a nice car on the inside....lots of fancy options....

HOWEVER;

On new years eve of 2005, me and another guy killed a bran spanking new one (9000km on it)......good thing it was rental.
Honestly we warn't beating on it that hard.....just basic doughnuts in an empty snowed in parking lot. I expected it to last longer then that.....(transmision died....and then it wouldn't even start)

other then that it was fun to drive it.....

Lompa

Banned
Reaction score
Here is something very helpful:
Get one of your relatives/someone you know good to call that person and offer 16k$ a day later get someone else you know to call and offer 15k$
3 days later get another person to call and offer 14.5k$.
3 days after that call and offer how much you would offer for it-He most likely think you are a dumbass and sell it to you fast ~_0.

You got the idea, change it as you like.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said that you make $40k/year. It should be easy to save your money and pay cash for your car if you start out with something less expensive. When you have to deal with a finance company and a loan, then you don't have the power of a cash buyer. If you would set your sights on cars that are about half that price after saving for a while, you can start offering 50-70% of asking prices in cash. People who really want to sell a car have a hard time refusing a stack of green bills, even if it is less than their asking price. Even professional car dealers will make incredible price concessions to move a car they have had in inventory for 2-3 months.

Most people do what you are doing; they finance as much of a car as they can afford as soon as they get a good job. But then again, most people will spend their lives living paycheck to paycheck. I would encourage you to be different, especially if you want your financial picture to progress. Delay gratification for now, and then deal very shrewdly within your means. This method will take you farther in the long run.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I AGREE ^

i make 60k a year, and i drive a NEON.

when i bought my mom a car (about 7 years ago) you should have seen the guys face when i droped 8 grand in cash on the table.....I love the way he looked up .:up: Unfotionaly i can't aford it more often.

PuroDeAgave

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its a nice car but for the money i would go for something classier like an RX7 or a G35. And i agree with bible belt

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, what he said. Get something that can pull the ladies. Not look like a grandpa.

KneghtRyder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
Yeah, what he said. Get something that can pull the ladies. Not look like a grandpa.

BMW X5, Porsche Cayenne, 2000 Mercedes-Benz w220 s430 , 2000-02 BMW 540i, Infiniti G35

ALL THESE CARs can be had for about the same money as that car..albiet a higher mileage., but they are way more status than nissan maxima and look 100 times better ..

Impress them ladies !

And buy something you like peace.

Last edited:

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wait....

when you guys say you bought a car cash... you actually pay in dollar bills?

I gave the man an $8,000 check.

MisterNigma

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheNewGuy said:
Wait....

when you guys say you bought a car cash... you actually pay in dollar bills?

I gave the man an $8,000 check.
Well, a check is nice too, but it doesn't have the same effect as a stack of $100 bills. I spent ALOT of time is sales, if you want to negotiate for something, drop a good stack of bills on the table, and always start low.

-E.Nigma

Reaction score
I say go German. I have had 3 BMWs and I love them. People underestimate how cheap they are. I say spend $10-12k, get an e36 M3, pay off your insurance, and have some money to play with.

TheNewGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MisterNigma said:
Well, a check is nice too, but it doesn't have the same effect as a stack of $100 bills. I spent ALOT of time is sales, if you want to negotiate for something, drop a good stack of bills on the table, and always start low.

-E.Nigma
Eh, live and learn.

Trojan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
You said that you make $40k/year. It should be easy to save your money and pay cash for your car if you start out with something less expensive. When you have to deal with a finance company and a loan, then you don't have the power of a cash buyer. If you would set your sights on cars that are about half that price after saving for a while, you can start offering 50-70% of asking prices in cash. People who really want to sell a car have a hard time refusing a stack of green bills, even if it is less than their asking price. Even professional car dealers will make incredible price concessions to move a car they have had in inventory for 2-3 months.

Most people do what you are doing; they finance as much of a car as they can afford as soon as they get a good job. But then again, most people will spend their lives living paycheck to paycheck. I would encourage you to be different, especially if you want your financial picture to progress. Delay gratification for now, and then deal very shrewdly within your means. This method will take you farther in the long run.
Couldn't disagree with you more bible belt. The last thing you wanna do is offload all your cash into a car. Finance & put down less as possible. Guys with money create wealth by using OTHER peoples money. The old tale of if you can't pay cash for it you shouldnt buy it thinking is outdated & proven a bad option. Stack your chips.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What are you doing with your cash? If you can make a greater return on it than the interest on the car loan, then yes, it is wiser to borrow at a low rate and get a high rate on an investment of that money. But according to bankrate.com, car loans are averaging about 7 percent, and fixed-return investments are averaging less than 5 percent.