It's All In the Sunglasses?

someone800

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

Tonight, I went out with a friend to the strip mall area and went walking around to different stores. I finally bought two things I was looking for-a casual hat, and some aviator-style sunglasses. I put on the sunglasses as we walked out, and wow-we started walking a few feet down the sidewalk, and a girl or two in a car slowed down (behind another car) and I was talking to my friend and he was like, "She's checking you out, man." I was really shy/didn't quite believe this, so I kept my head ****ed towards him, not really looking to see if he was telling the truth. I got curious after a while, and looked and as I turned my head, I saw a blond girl in the window checking me out and then she quickly turned her head, and they drove away. Additionally, I was walking and I think one or two other girls took notice, and one girl I believe honked her horn. This was all in around three minutes from stepping out the store and putting these sunglasses and hat on.

It really boosted my ego, but at the same time it was odd. Usually, I'm not the one being checked out, it is usually the other way around. :up: At any rate, I think what I realized from this experience (but kinda already knew), was that I am shy of my own male sex-appeal. I read on this forum that I am not supposed to be, but the thing is, I seem to have a man's body, but a child's face. Maybe the sunglasses helped cover that up or enhance it. When I look in the mirror before I go out sometimes, I think that I am hot to girls, but when I actually get to the place or in the situation to that girl(s) or people, I feel like a little boy. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

meitenesrigas

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1) The whole idea behind the DJ crap is to give some sappy dudes confidence. We all find different ways to gain that confidence. If shades do it for you then where the damn things. More than likely they are NOT what is going to get you anything other than those little marks on your nose when you take them off...BUT...once again...confidence is the key. If wearing a pink ribbon around your wrist gives you balls you should go buy a few hundred pink ribbons! Get the idea?

You are not alone. Many people find safety in shades. Nothing wrong with that. Oddest thing is that the FIRST thing almost every girl wants too see are your eyes! I would say that almost EVERY girl is more interested in your eyes than anything else on your body.

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXw4qqQqTrY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvIAyxpjEuc

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
meitenesrigas said:
1) The whole idea behind the DJ crap is to give some sappy dudes confidence. We all find different ways to gain that confidence. If shades do it for you then where the damn things. More than likely they are NOT what is going to get you anything other than those little marks on your nose when you take them off...BUT...once again...confidence is the key. If wearing a pink ribbon around your wrist gives you balls you should go buy a few hundred pink ribbons! Get the idea?

You are not alone. Many people find safety in shades. Nothing wrong with that. Oddest thing is that the FIRST thing almost every girl wants too see are your eyes! I would say that almost EVERY girl is more interested in your eyes than anything else on your body.

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXw4qqQqTrY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvIAyxpjEuc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG7tkxRQ-oU

^ Here is the rap remix to Sunglasses at Night.

Its called "I Wear my Stunna Shades at Night"

Bonafide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe they thought you looked like a famous celeb or something? Maybe you looked like somebody

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bonafide said:
Maybe they thought you looked like a famous celeb or something? Maybe you looked like somebody
Yup that could just be it. She might have thought it was one of her friends so she slowed up a little.

djweses89

Don Juan
Reaction score
see sunglasses for ages have gave people that feel of coolness i mean look at the 60s with the leather coats and sunglasses i can bet, just when you put those sunglasses on and before girls even looked you felt a lot more confident about yourself and for feeling that confidence im sure it showed as you was walking, which is prolly more of the reason why the girls checked you out than the actual sunglasses themselfs.

Vinny Porello

Reaction score
I sometimes wear "wayfarer" style sunglasses to school. It makes me feel cool and I smile more when I wear them. When someone tells you look you stupid then just laugh and say you look like a celebrity. I usually say that I look like Johnny Cash or James Dean. Girls really like this. Wearing sunglasses is cool in school because some teachers will make you take them off and this makes it a for sure thing that everyone will see you in them. Also it gives you a chance to be funny in front of the whole class. Sunglasses are also great because if a girl is evenly mildly interested in you she will take them off your desk or face and try them on...this is the perfect time to compliment them or apply kino(playing keep away is perfect).

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

oneshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude! The same thing happened to me. It seems like everytime I wear shades, the girls start checking me out. Interestingly, I also wear aviator sunglasses.
Just today, I was walking on the street with a pair of gold-rimmed Ray-Bans, one of those newer-looking aviator-style glasses with larger, lenses, light brown shade, waiting for the light to turn green at an intersection, and this girl on a motorcycle just kept staring at me for two minutes straight. It's happened before, and it's happened again.

Couple of thoughts:
Eye contact: those girls that get shy pretend to think that you're not looking at them cause they can't see your eyes--they can take all the time in the world checking you out. Think about the last time you saw some hot chick wearing shades--seems like its easier to look her in the face than it is when you can see her eyes.

Or maybe, the shades just look cool and they're thinking, "Hmmm, seems like this guy actually cares about what he looks like..."

I don't think your baby face has got much to do with your shades though, when you say that they might cover up your face and make you look cooler, or whatever. I have a more masculine looking face--prominent chin, few fat, and wearing shades gives me the same effects.