Is this worth doing?

Gdupm6

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dated this girl for about 8 months, she didn't want to be exclusive, i caught her in a few lies... anyways, long story short we used to see each other work a few times throughout the week until i stopped working there and got another job.

She would text me saying she would miss me , and that shes still not ever me etc.. I tried setting a few dates up for us to go out but it just never went through, she says shes too busy with school and no one is really able to keep up with her "busy lifestyle"...

Last week she sent me a text saying that she thinks she failed an exam, and i replied why she feels that way, and since then I have not gotten a response and haven't texted her back.. IMO i don't think she will be texting me.

Anyways, her b day is coming up oct 25 and i was just thinking ahead and wondering if it is worth sending her a happy birthday text or is that too wimpy to do?

I don't know why I have oneitits with this girl....

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not wimpy.

If your goal is to bang her, then sure, use her b-day to keep the lines of communication moving.

If your goal is to have a relationship, then I'd say she's way too flaky and to just let communication die.

tafakna

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gdupm6 said:
She would text me saying she would miss me , and that shes still not ever me etc.. I tried setting a few dates up for us to go out but it just never went through, she says shes too busy with school and no one is really able to keep up with her "busy lifestyle"...

Last week she sent me a text saying that she thinks she failed an exam, and i replied why she feels that way, and since then I have not gotten a response and haven't texted her back.. IMO i don't think she will be texting me.
From time to time she contacts you to figure out if 'you're still on hold', and you promptly let her know that you're still available whenever she wants. As simple as that.

Or do you honestly think that a failed exam was any sort of reason to text you?

Ignore a few texts/contacts, ignore her birthday, then after weeks send her a casual message. Let her know your time and willingness is limited... be unpredictable, disappear for weeks, make and break dates... shake her confidence...

Gdupm6

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if i went into depth about whey she texted me about her exam you would know.. I just tried to make it short and easier for you guys to read.

I'm a licensed nurse and shes almost graduating her nursing school, and before when we would be much closer, dating seriously etc.. we had a lot to talk about especially regarding school, tests, different subjects, etc.. thats the reason why she texted me about her exam.

I've had sex with her many times, but the thing is throughout our relationship ive been going to extra mile every time, i always would initiate things.

So i mean after the few times that i tried setting up a few dates for us to go out hang out after us not seeing each other for a while, she just kept telling me she couldnt, shes busy etc.. So i mean how much can i keep trying?

tafakna

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Gdupm6 said:
So i mean after the few times that i tried setting up a few dates for us to go out hang out after us not seeing each other for a while, she just kept telling me she couldnt, shes busy etc.. So i mean how much can i keep trying?
Like Richard Feynman would say: "You must not fool yourself, and remember you are the easiest person to fool."

The 'depth of the text' is not nearly as important as the fact that she didn't text you back.

You're missing the whole point: the point is that you shouldn't be trying at all.

Your attitude screams 'backup guy' who will always be there when tough times arrive. That's the recipe for friendship not for a romantic relationship.

Gdupm6

Don Juan
Reaction score
I completely agree, and this is why i have backed off, i haven't texted her at all, its been over a week, and since weve known each other, this has been the longest weve gone without seeing/talking to each other..

Gdupm6

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know i posted this a while ago, but im just bumping to get a few more responses regarding my original post. THanks again guys

Gdupm6

Don Juan
Reaction score
nothing new... We both have not contacted or seen each other since the original post.