Is this worth another try or NEXT?

booga

Don Juan
Reaction score
Went out on a mini-date sat. morning w/a new girl. I made sure to kino & not be platonic. we had a great convo & it felt like it went really well, but of course none of that means sh1t... 3 days later I send this e-mail (edited a bit):

What's shakin? Hope you had a good weekend. Anyway, what say we go for a drink at [local upscale bar] Thurs. after dinner (say 8:00). We can stand on the balcony & look down at the little ant world below :) PS: What's your voice # just in case I ever need to get you in real-time?

I got this reply the next day:

Yep, I had a very nice weekend. Hope you did too. I'm going out of town on Thursday for an extended weekend, so no ant watching for me.

Notice no counter-offer & she ignored my request for her #. It sure looks like I got blown out here. Would you guys try again or just drop it?

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I think you read her reply correctly.

booga

Don Juan
Reaction score
Because she asked me out & the Doc sez "When it's incoming, take it." That indicated high interest level, but apparently I did something on the date to sink myself.

booga

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's what I thought too but I just wanted to get a sanity check

booga

Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, next time I'll do that. Live & learn. Thanks 4 the help.

Edit: to answer your question, The Doc is Tom Hodges, AKA Doc Love. His rationale is that asking out is YOUR job, not HER job, i.e. her taking over your job is already an act of great supplication & more challenge is too much. (Note: I'm not arguing in favor of this point, just telling you what he says).

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yep, I had a very nice weekend. Hope you did too. I'm going out of town on Thursday for an extended weekend, so no ant watching for me.
She certainly achieved absolutely no emotion in her reply.

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by JC Jerkson
I'm not sure who this Doc character is but he's a little off.

"When it's incoming, take it." ...That's a horrible philophy. If you're always available for a woman then where is her challenge?

Saturday morning is SLEEP time. (For people who like to go to bars, parties, and clubs)

It's good that she came to you. That's the way it should be. I like to chill with girls at night. You should have told her that you're gonna be out all night on Friday night doing something fun. Tell her a story. Next time make the date at night.

JC Jerkson
Jerkson nailed it.

If she offers, take it???? What the hell.

Dr Box

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JC Jerkson
I'm not sure who this Doc character is but he's a little off.

"When it's incoming, take it." ...That's a horrible philophy. If you're always available for a woman then where is her challenge?

Saturday morning is SLEEP time. (For people who like to go to bars, parties, and clubs)

It's good that she came to you. That's the way it should be. I like to chill with girls at night. You should have told her that you're gonna be out all night on Friday night doing something fun. Tell her a story. Next time make the date at night.

JC Jerkson
The more I read your posts the more I like you dude, I totally agree with this post.

Try "when it is incoming say your busy and suggest a time you are free"
If you paid money for this Doc guy ask for a refund.

booga

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, his advice has gotten me into trouble a few times already. Particularly his telephone advice. Thanks for your help gentlemen, I really do appreciate it.