Is this what a DJ would do?

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is This What A DJ Would Do?

yes. ask yourself that whenever you have the URGE to do something very AFCish. me and my boy, dip, are always tellin' eachother "is that what a DJ would do?" whenever we feel we're about to do something only an AFC would do.

many of us have trouble with emotions and a true man can handle his emotions. no matter how hard things are, you have to remember that you are a DJ. you have to remember to do the right thing no matter how much your emotions influence you. better yet, not even letting your emotions get the chance to influence you (thanks to ZeroTolerance)

- NOT calling her when you have the urge to call her.
- NOT saying i love you to her when you know you really want to.
- NOT going online and messaging her.
- NOT drastically going crazy and leaving her messages and notes of how you want her back and how much you miss her after the breakup.
- NOT going up to talk to her everyday and give her so much attention so that she knows you're already a done deal.
- NOT talking to lil' miss girlfriend after she has committed a small crime towards the relationship.
- NOT feeling jealous! (very important)
- NOT giving a f*ck whatsoever. (added in by ZeroTolerance)

those are just a few examples of how a DJ chooses mind over emotion.

* whenever you feel you are about to commit an AFC act, ask yourself "is this what a DJ would do?"
* for some weird reason, everything gets better right after u wake up in the morning. when ur filled with emotion, it clouds ur mind from thinking at that very moment and so the next day when you're normal, you'll probably feel stupid as hell for doing such an AFC thing. so might as well tell urself "i won't be feeling like this tomorrow" and just do what u have to do!
* if ever your girlfriend does something that would upset you and you decide not to next her, stay occupied so that you don't talk to her. this is difficult for many also. you'll have feelings of missing her so much that you'll eventually have the urge to call her or go and talk to her when you see her or give her some sort of attention...i advise you...do NOT! talk to your friends around you and stay occupied.
* in general, just stay occuped! that helps alot too. most of the times when you're doing something you enjoy, you're too busy to be thinking about miss girlfriend anyways.

there's no better way to ignore a girl rather than to do it unintentionally (because i know alot of you DJs do it intentionally). thats why you should also date alot of different girls so you don't go committing an AFC crime that you will regret (its alot easier when you're dating plenty).

jealousy is also a very important topic and i thought that i should add it. whenever you find out that she's been hangin' out with her friends or having fun with her "male" friends, dont get jealous and get an attitude with her. atleast dont let her know that you're jealous. ask her if she had fun and hit her back with how you had fun with your boys and female friends! some girls that intentionally try to get you jealous go crazy when they find out that its not working. they also try to give you bs like "oh i saw this really cute guy at the mall." so when you feel like being an ass just because you're jealous, just act happy and aloof about it.

"the system" is difficult to keep up on, but if its natural to you and you're emotionless most of the time, you should do fine. of course, theres a time for emotion, but thats way into the long relationship once she has already confessed enough of her feelings for you and only if it is totally reciprocal.
only then can you ask yourself "is this what a DJ would do?" and answer to yourself "yes," but there are other threads that can deal with that.

so remember! whenever you have that urge to do something you will regret the next day and feel very stupid and AFCish for, ask yourself "is this what a DJ would do?" answer the question and do what you have to do!

ta ta :)

~1~
oOh Nasty

Last edited:

ZeroTolerance

Don Juan
Reaction score
u have to remember to do the right thing no matter how much ur emotions influence you.
I think the important thing, or what the ultimate goal should be, is to actually not let your emotions influence you.

That being said I think you made some very good points and this is something people should look at if they're starting out or are a recovering AFC. It can be hard at first to make the adjustment, but you have to do be able to control your emotions.

*Another thing I do, if I may humbly add to your tips: Just don't give a ****. That approach works wonders sometimes.

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So what you are saying is, basically act like Al Gore. Right?

Cyledehysp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice tips man!

Originally posted by oOh Nasty
Is This What A DJ Would Do?

they also try to give you bs like "oh i saw this really cute guy at the mall."

An idea: You can answer to that "me too, I just saw an incredible hot dude today!" giving her big confident smile (like saying I see right through your games!)

hehe, what do you think?

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good shyt yo

hey guys, how about we add some more examples of what NOT to do...i cant think of any right now but ill add some more when i do

gj

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*cough ripoff cough*

Did some1 remember my "What Would Jester Do?" thread? hehehe

just poking fun at u, good post dude.