Is this behaviour out of the ordinary?

ukboy1

Don Juan
Reaction score
So ive been with my girlfriend 7 months, im at university, she's at school and we spend a lot of time together. She does some amazing things for me, she chose her uni based on where I am so she can stay at home and be close, she buys me really nice spontaneous gifts and we spend loads of time together. Before my easter vacation, I was worrying thay she maybe thougjt we spend too much time together,.but she has wanted to and been happy to see me everyday as she did in christmas. And now im back at uni today, she's seemed much less responsive the las few days. She bought me a lovely gift 2 days ago, and a week or 2 back we had a chat about her not giving me 100%. She admitted she was worried she was scared of losing me from her past relationship and after a lengthy discussion, she's seemed much more happy, keen and lovey dovey until yesterday. Anyone know why this? Am I being stupid and its really obvious or is it nothing to worry about?

Dgwizdal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She has low interest and is faking it out of guilt. You went AFC and lost your frame with the whole you're not giving me enough. You spend too much time together (which you're fine with = AFC) and the sum of your entire post screams neediness and insecurity.

It is only a matter of time before she dumps you - get out now, read the DJ bible, improve yourself.

Fall off the face of the earth for a few weeks and then see how she reacts. You have a lot to learn kid...

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep an eye on it. Sounds like you're doing alright. Just do not qualify your feelings. That's what chicks do. Sounds like she's pretty keen, it's only been since yesterday. Chicks are up and down, always.

If she carries on being nice, roll with it. If she ditches you: NEXT. Never qualify your insecurities to her. Come here to do it. You're a man. And it sounds like you're doing a sterling job, pal.

G_Govan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dgwizdal said:
She has low interest and is faking it out of guilt. You went AFC and lost your frame with the whole you're not giving me enough. You spend too much time together (which you're fine with = AFC) and the sum of your entire post screams neediness and insecurity.

It is only a matter of time before she dumps you - get out now, read the DJ bible, improve yourself.

Fall off the face of the earth for a few weeks and then see how she reacts. You have a lot to learn kid...
I have to second this. You're young and you NEED to be spinning plates.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's not giving you 100%???

Oh geez. Time for some real education. Not that rubbish they fill your heads with at those schools.

ukboy1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is it so bad that I said that to her? She's always talking about marrying me and moving in together so I dont see the issue with me saying she wasnt giving me 100%?

El Suave

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What they're telling you is not to complain to her about it not being 100%.

What you do is withdraw attention a little. Ignore her for a day or two and she will start giving you more. You keep doing that until it gets ingrained in her brain that if she's not doing enough she might lose you.

NEVER say it again. Do it.