Is there any good music nowadays?

Nox

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys, but today's musics are complete crap. The songs that they come out don't even make sense. Look at Billboard top100: London Bridge, SexyBack, Get Up, Crazy, etc. Who in their right mind would listen to those songs.

Please tell me, where are all the good songs go?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It all sounds the same (bad) to me. I stick with old school, but I'm a geezer... :D

Scrumtulescence

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're looking at the Billboard for good music, you're looking in the very worst of places. Not only does it represent some of the very worst music ever produced, but the ratings are in fact determined more by politics and money than actual sales/listeners. It's meaningless. There's some good music out there, but it's mostly indie/obscure, and probably nothing that people will still be talking about ten years from now. There has been a serious dryspell in music for a while now, especially when it comes to new acts. It sucks. But then again, so does the music industry.

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you, except for crazy. I think that song is great, but I get the feeling that I would hate it if I hadn't started to like it before it hit the states. nowadays I just listen to country or indie

Chaos-Knight

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good music?

Get sat Radio (serious not xm)
There's like over 50 channels and there is always something good
playing.

Personally I like rock or metal,
all that crap they play on normal radio
or at clubs just makes me sick ...

I'm sure many of you can relate.

Wee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good songs that are famous - that is all in the past. It ain't gonna get any better. As far as rap music goes, though I don't listen to it much, all they do is say an action. Lay down is probably the next rap hit. Or put it up. Every single thing I hear is just a verb. Boring. Show me a rap video that doesn't have a girl or a car in it. Can't? At least we know they are all original.
(btw I know girls and cars are common, maybe I should say "girl dressed slutty dancing dirty or some sexy car that I can't afford".)

With rock it is even worse. The best guitarists all came before the 90s and now adays any guy that can play a power chord is a musician. Plus, if I hear another prepubesent nasal voice kid singing lead vocals for a "rock band" I might just kill myself. If you are looking for talent, the top billboards ain't gonna have it. It IS still around though.

Soldier711

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very few bands nowadays meet my standards of good. But like a dumbass I listen to them anyway! There's just nothing like the guitar in Enter Sandman.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People have always complained about the youth, and the old days, people have always complained about new music and praised yesterday's music . . . see where I'm going?

Now if you want to witness new quality music entertainment, wait for new MJ supposedly coming out on 2007, I suspect that it will on early 2008.

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wee said:
... Plus, if I hear another prepubesent nasal voice kid singing lead vocals for a "rock band" I might just kill myself.
Tell me about it. It must be part generational, as SamePendo suggested, but there are some objectve ways of measuring the quality of music; and by those measures most of the new stuff does indeed suck.

Compared to say, the 50s, 60s, or 70s, there is very little original going on (let alone picked up by the major labels).

whistler

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SamePendo said:
People have always complained about the youth, and the old days, people have always complained about new music and praised yesterday's music . . . see where I'm going?

Now if you want to witness new quality music entertainment, wait for new MJ supposedly coming out on 2007, I suspect that it will on early 2008.
I'm sorry, did you say 'MJ'?

He is a god, whether you like him or not, but man that guy is an aging freakshow these days...

Tongs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nox: Which bands would you consider to be "good"

You can't ask for reccommendations without giving any ideas as to what you like

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hed PE.

Not for the faint of heart.

MrS

Master Don Juan