Is looking young (for a man) a good thing?

c0nfus3d1ne

Banned
Reaction score
I can easily pass for an 18 year old. Is this a good thing when I'm actually 23?

When people talk to me, they realize I'm 20-something and not a kid.

I just hope my slow aging continues into my 30's and 40's. That's when it counts IMO.

bluemanson

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im so not sure. Im in the same boat. Im 25 but ppl think im 20 or 21.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For girls, yes. For guys, no. There's a difference between looking young and looking good for your age. Matthew Broderick looks younger than he is (or at least he used to?). George Clooney doesn't, but looks great for his age. Who do you think women find more attractive?

sosilky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
c0nfus3d1ne said:
I can easily pass for an 18 year old. Is this a good thing when I'm actually 23?

When people talk to me, they realize I'm 20-something and not a kid.

I just hope my slow aging continues into my 30's and 40's. That's when it counts IMO.
bro don't worry about it, its a good thing, but only when you realize its a good thing will it work for you.

PhatE1vis

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's good and bad. I'm 33 but look 23, which isn't always good in the professional world.

WesCottII

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I swear I read "Is looking for a young man a good thing?" when I first checked this thread.

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 20 and people think I am 16. I get carded to buy lotto ffs.

Maybe this is what doesn't attract the ladies to me:down:

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
28 and I can pass for 18 EASILY.

Here are the things I have faced...

When you are this old, and you look 18, it is MUCH harder to pick up the women around your age. Most of them think... Oh look an 18yr old.

The opposite side of things is that you can pick up much younger women. 17, 18, 19, 20.... I can flirt with all of them, and they will think I am in their age range.

Then you have to figure out what it is you are after. The problem with some guys is that if they are looking for LTR, and want to get married, an 18yr old girl wont do. Then you have to go out and find older ones. If you have a real hard time, you can try the online deal, or just try to go where older girls will hang out.

At the same time too, a girl that looks 23 may only be 18, or heck even 15 if she looks mature. It happens.

You take the hand you are dealt, and do the best you can. If you want the young smokin ones, use your younger looks to your advantage. They will know they are with an older guy, but at the same time you wont look like it, so you wont get stared at all of the time.

If you want the women your age, you have to be out and about where they are. Speak to your friends your age, or co-workers your age to see what you can get.

I'll eventually be out of the job I currently have and will be working for myself. This makes it even 10x as hard because I dont have 30 women or so around me at work, I wont have work friends like older people would, to go out with just to go out, so I have to do it more on my own.

I'll tell you right now it isn't easy, but it will pay off when you get even older.

Some people say... "Even though I get older, high school girls stay the same age". LMAO I always have to laugh at this phrase.

Tear Gas

Don Juan
Reaction score
same here...im 21 but people think im 18-20.. It's a good thing. Unless you're only into bagging milfs, than looking young is good. Even then, milfs like to **** young guys to make them feel young again haah

nightcrawler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tear Gas said:
same here...im 21 but people think im 18-20.. It's a good thing. Unless you're only into bagging milfs, than looking young is good. Even then, milfs like to **** young guys to make them feel young again haah
I'll keep this in mind. I'm there's some sexy 35 year old freak just wanting to **** a 15 year old:up:

Paper Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Grow a beard, maybe?

I'm 18, and rock a beard. People tend to tell me I definitely look older.

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
The social sweat spot for human mating is 18 to 34... When young you want to look older and when old you wanna look younger but you always wanna appear to be within that range of ages once you pass say 36 you tend to be classified as "old " so you need to change you game up whne you get there to avoid being labeled "the creepy old guy"...LOL

Punisha

Don Juan
Reaction score
16 here and been called 20 wich i enjoy :up:
well i believe it doesent matter how old you look like but how mature you are(being mature is sometimes misinterpreted for being old)

SikWitIt

Don Juan
Reaction score
Same here im 22 an 23 in may but i look 18 :(, people find out how old i am an their like wtf? I get carded all the time but i can still pull chick's my age.

Reaction score
18 to 25 is not a huge difference IMO.. Even at 30 people are surprised I am 30... they assume I am in my early 20's. My hair is starting to thin out though...that sucks..

Reaction score
Wow, most guys on here are like teenagers I see, or early 20's...
Man I feel like the big brother or something, or worse... gramps.

Effington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen hit the nail right on the head.

I'm 25; clean shaven, people guess 17, with any facial hair, 30+. The clean shaven look was a huge inhibitor at the bar scene, and I noticed an extemely dramatic difference once grew out facial hair. My neighbor, who is 32ish, always used the "you are too young" line with me, but now her and all her friends suddenly started flirting a lot more.

The same applied in the working world; I couldn't get even a ****ty job looking 17. Once I grew the beard, I had multiple extremely good offers.

I made a previous post about a day or two ago about how even my friends mentioned something. I used to talk to younger girls all the time, but now that I look 30+, it comes off as creepy. So pick your poison.

From my experience, the older look is 100000x better.