Is it normal to want to stick it to your friends?

onthepath

Don Juan
Reaction score
man i hate my friends sometimes

i have a group of friends, and there's been a bit of a division, the alpha types lead and i (and other betas follow)

now i've been turning things around, firstly concentrating on me

so my job is much better (much better :crazy: ) my value as percieved by others outside the group (especially new people we meet) is getting much better

however...i still have these insecure feeligns and want to sometimes stick it to them, by saying oh btw check out this payslip b!tches, or look what i just bought :eek:

so my question is, is this normal? have you got any tips for sticking it to them ;) or what can i do to resolve it

thanks

ViciousDADogg

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's normal for your type of situation. You don't have true friends.. Those aren't friends at all, rather a social umbrella you like to use for cover. Acquitances.

If you have true friends, which is rather rare, you don't care about this none sense.

jamesbell953

Don Juan
Reaction score
It also seems like you're still pretty insecure. Like you need to validate who you are as a person by how much money you make.

Get you're inner game down, and you won't need external validation anymore. Like you said, keep concentrating on yourself until the urge to one-up your "buddies" doesn't even cross your mind.

Alphamale1821

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
your just a follower most alpha/leaders aren't tight with followers they just simply lead you around and have you do shiit for them. Work on getting your confidence up so you can become a leader.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To cure your ills, I prescribe an apple a day and a healthy dose of the Book of Pook.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It can be hard when you realise that the people you either looked up to (or lead you around) are d!ckheads. Let them go do their thing, you go do yours.

jamesbell953 is right... work on yourself until you realise that you don't need to prove yourself better than them, because it just won't be necessary.