is it EVER good to get excited during dating?

PlatoPacks23

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I find no? I can't think of 1 example

it seems being stoic, less reactive, chill, dominant (aka KIDNA ****ING BORING) is the best way odds wise to go about things which is sad bc it stifles your own passion and emotions in life (if you want to succeed in dating)

oOh Nasty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When it comes to her, yeah, women will respond more favorably to the stoic guy. It's biology. Being in control of your emotions is communicative of being unswayed during dire circumstances, thus being able to protect her. But of course you can be passionate. You can be passionate about your life mission and your goals. But as soon as you become passionate about her, it will be a tell on her part that you're just another simp.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends what you mean

If you mean an ADHD excitable clown who hits vape pens and who bounces all around the walls with zero control of his emotions, then no

If you mean high energy or enthusiastic/positive but otherwise Stoic (true Stoicism as invented by the Greeks did not preclude positive emotions), and as long as it fits your personality it can work, and some girls definitely like that, but I don't think it's a requirement. Just play to your own natural personality.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless she's a slut/hoe, you have to be at least in to her to some degree so she can see the possibility of a future (at least beyond a ons) with you.

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
I find no? I can't think of 1 example

it seems being stoic, less reactive, chill, dominant (aka KIDNA ****ING BORING) is the best way odds wise to go about things which is sad bc it stifles your own passion and emotions in life (if you want to succeed in dating)
You are onto something. It sucks when I've met a girl who really stirred my loins, I've had to curb the outward enthusiasm. I think a guy can get away with this if his passion is directed towards other things (art, work) and he sort of includes her in all of that. Think Picasso or Hemingway. But once you fixate on her it's pretty much over.

Conversely being naturally stoic means the girl will be more into you. For me it's meant less excitement but also less heartbreak. Such is life.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
getting excited is good as long you don't show, means at least you are having fun

just remember to keep your head, and play it cool, not hard

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be honest once you understand female nature theres very little to be excited about outside of the bedroom and maybe her telling you she's bought new lingerie for you

After 30 the male needs to have a " seen it all before " outlook , this will intrigue and excite her more than a man who is like an excitable puppy

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you mean high energy or enthusiastic/positive but otherwise Stoic (true Stoicism as invented by the Greeks did not preclude positive emotions), and as long as it fits your personality it can work, and some girls definitely like that, but I don't think it's a requirement. Just play to your own natural personality.
This is a good demeanor.

Some women are really into men with Golden Retriever energy. Golden Retriever energy is high energy and enthusiastic/positive.

You're describing some men who would be described as having Golden Retriever energy.

anonymous12345

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a challenge here. My vibe is too caring and nurturing, too warm.

It's also dubious. For instance, yesterday I practiced dance with a new girl, I brought a beer and a cider. I think this actually was too caring, too kind, too much simping. Perhaps one can do that in different ways.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's never good to be boring...unless you want the women you are dating to be fvcking other more exciting guys behind your back.

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a challenge here. My vibe is too caring and nurturing, too warm.

It's also dubious. For instance, yesterday I practiced dance with a new girl, I brought a beer and a cider. I think this actually was too caring, too kind, too much simping. Perhaps one can do that in different ways.
Reframe it. Call it abundance. Or don't buy the drinks in the future. Simple as that.

crowolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is an interesting question. I am more inclined to agree with you. I believe most of the women out there that may find potential in you as the man besides them, will partly do so because you remind them of the relationship with their father in one way or another.

And we know that not many fathers will be seen joyfully giggling around their daughters (or at least not so often). Perhaps she wants to feel your groundedness. That's why a "stoic frame" would be deemed masculine and therefore attractive.

I don't fully like this as well, as I tend to be more lively or expressive sometimes. But it seems that some types of women don't digg that.