Is it bad to be over-dressed?

MVP

Don Juan
Reaction score
I work at an office, and so I'm dressed up professionally for work. Sometimes on my break or lunch, I'll see a girl who's dressed really casually for school or mall or whatever. I'm just wondering if it's a good thing to be dressed more professional or if it's actually a bad thing when doing a pick-up?

TxCowboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MVP said:
I work at an office, and so I'm dressed up professionally for work. Sometimes on my break or lunch, I'll see a girl who's dressed really casually for school or mall or whatever. I'm just wondering if it's a good thing to be dressed more professional or if it's actually a bad thing when doing a pick-up?
It all depends on YOUR dress code at work and whether or not you HAVE to get dressed up. With that being said, if you have to dress up , then DO IT, else ... dress however you want to and wear clothes that make YOU comfortable.... clothes are a very small fraction of the battle

- Laterz

Ricard78

Don Juan
Reaction score
Always look your best.

Guys under estimate how good a shirt can make you look.

Women are attracted to guys who dress well, think about home much time they spend on themselves.

Ricard

MVP

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't get a choice. Well, I'm not allowed to wear casual things like jeans or t-shirts or baseball caps. So I usually wear slack pants and dress shirts or those polo t shirts.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think in some situations, yes...however, from what you're describing, NO.

If you're going to watch a Sunday afternoon at Dodger stadium on a hot summer day, wearing a suit and tie would be overdressed, to the point of ridicule. There is nothing wrong with taking pride in your appearance. I think it is definitely possible to be underdressed.

TxCowboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MVP said:
I don't get a choice. Well, I'm not allowed to wear casual things like jeans or t-shirts or baseball caps. So I usually wear slack pants and dress shirts or those polo t shirts.
I dont see anything wrong with slacks, a polo shirt, and some nice shoes. Just dont come off as a prep or someone with some "up-tight" personality ... Its all in the person wearing the clothes that matters, but YES , looking nice is always a "+"

Another idea ... take her out one day and have her help you pick out some clothes at a store (HAH ... and have her buy them too ...) .... Im never good with all that cr@p of color matching and what not ...

bbestar

Banned
Reaction score
you should try to be professional, especially in the business setting. But on occasion you should change it up.

Dress like a gangster for once or a afc type, and try dressing like you just got out of bed with the wifebeater.

Try to run some game and you will be suprised about the responses you get, with the right body language and congruence.

Soprano

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bbestar said:
you should try to be professional, especially in the business setting. But on occasion you should change it up.

Dress like a gangster for once or a afc type, and try dressing like you just got out of bed with the wifebeater.

Try to run some game and you will be suprised about the responses you get, with the right body language and congruence.
how do you dress like an afc? :crazy: