Is it abnormal to be single past age 25?

shiguldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,

I've known this site for a few years but recently I had to come back to address a concern. Somehow, everybody I know thats around mid-20's all have a long time bf/gf. I feel like I'm the only guy whose single.

Even our company's nicest AFC type guy whose called the "girl" have a gf though he's whipped.

I'd like to attend their lunches and all but with everyone attached, its kind of awkward for me. I know this site is about attracting girls but I wonder whether single people exist at around that age lol.

I've been out of a relationship for a year or so and been too busy with work to bother approaching girls lately for reference.

Master Bates

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By "single" do you mean not in a relationships, or not dating at all?

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shiguldo said:
Hi,

I've known this site for a few years but recently I had to come back to address a concern. Somehow, everybody I know thats around mid-20's all have a long time bf/gf. I feel like I'm the only guy whose single.

Even our company's nicest AFC type guy whose called the "girl" have a gf though he's whipped.

I'd like to attend their lunches and all but with everyone attached, its kind of awkward for me. I know this site is about attracting girls but I wonder whether single people exist at around that age lol.

I've been out of a relationship for a year or so and been too busy with work to bother approaching girls lately for reference.
Yes, it is abnormal to be single past the age of 25.

shiguldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow fast reply. Single as in not dating at all. I recently moved to a new state and found a job after college so I barely know anybody here. I've been trying to chat with a lot of people and the girls at work think I'm the most friendly guy they know.

Of course I probably risk being labeled as the nice guy only but then they have bf anyways.

I broke up with my ex back in the old state and came here in cali without knowing much people. There are lots of young people here in early to mid 20's but they're all attached with me being the exception. Its also strange when I meet people from other companies my age, they're all attached or even married.

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
well its ok to be single at any age. of course... Its your own self esteem that is making you think you arent good enough.

Even if you were the only one single right now, why would that not be ok? Its bad to be different?

...you said you had reasons. Dare to be different. ;)

shiguldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Randall,

Thanks for the feedback :).
Well I actually enjoy being single, being able to approach girls without worrying lol. What makes it hard is when my peers/coworkers all start talking about their bf/gf all the time, comparing each others... I probably should look harder for other single friends (whether they're guys or girls) but then wherever I look, everybody seems taken.

Of course I'm not going to let it ruin my self-esteem but it sure is enough to question myself.

The Forms

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The people you're around really has a lot to do with how you feel about things like this. Go out and get some single friends and you'll feel a lot better.

I'm 25 and the vast majority of my friends are single. It's great. I don't ever feel weird about not having a girlfriend. I know tons of people my age have been in ltrs for years, or are married, but I don't really hang around many of them, so it doesn't bother me like it might if I was around people like that all the time.

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
my plan is to deliberately stay single until i'm at least 35. i'm still in law school and a young'un... i want to experience some success as a single man, or at least an unmarried man. i have a fantastic, gorgeous girlfriend at the moment so it's hard to reconcile my views with the situation but ultimately i think that guys who get married before they are developed to a certain extent will face serious problems later in life. i see it everywhere.

shiguldo

Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm mintxx, but you already have a nice gf.

Are people all hooking up during college? Is that why everybody seems attached?

Thanks for the feedback forms.

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shiguldo said:
Hi Randall,

Thanks for the feedback :).
Well I actually enjoy being single, being able to approach girls without worrying lol. What makes it hard is when my peers/coworkers all start talking about their bf/gf all the time, comparing each others... I probably should look harder for other single friends (whether they're guys or girls) but then wherever I look, everybody seems taken.

Of course I'm not going to let it ruin my self-esteem but it sure is enough to question myself.
well I will admit that all my friends that I grew up with are all already married now and most of them have kids... way crazy... I'm 24, and I don't feel at all ready for that. Even if I wanted to I seriously want to mature before I even attempt to become a husband/father.
Anyhow looking at them at times I did wonder if I'm falling behind. But nah, I'm ok with being different.

I choose to be single right now... Currently I'm meeting so many new girls and have about 4 hooked right now, a few I'm working on and still pulling in about 4-5 new numbers a week...

I sometimes feel sorry for my male friends at all the valuable lessons they are missing out on that I'm getting. But then again I'm sure they are happy.

We are all different. Just be confident in yourself. Do what you want. Thats happiness.

(plus i was in a LTR for 4yrs before I joined the community.... I'm trying to make up for lost singlehood...)

*mattster

Don Juan
Reaction score
to the OP: no!

i'm 25, "single", and loving the h3ll out of life.

the only way you're going to happy in the long term with somebody is by BEING HAPPY BY YOURSELF FIRST. a gf should complement you, NOT COMPLETE you. if your looking for the latter, i guarantee you will not find long-term happiness in a relationship.

although this is not something you can learn without a certain degree of pain, but it's worth it.

*mattster

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shiguldo. I feel you on this one except im 22, but hell im not that far. At work today I was the only guy server out in the dining room(im a waiter) and during our dinner break my manager who is around her mid 30's asked me randomly "Do you pay for girls on a date?".(Keep in mind that she asked me this in front of ALL my female co-workers and they were all either married or had a BF.). I said, "no, i believe that during the first 3 dates, or unless we're actually bf and gf we should split the expenses on our dates.". My manager then responds with "Oh, thats why you don't have a GF.". As much as I used to favor my manager among the other managers, I lost alot of respect from her tonight and infact despise her for it. They accused me of being a cheap ass and I argued with her and all the other girls that got in it. I was put on the spot light with no other guys to back me up. But even after all that, it made me think of why i was single or havent been on a consistant dating track for almost 2 yrs...

Randallpink83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha rebound material....

that sucks... In this situation would have been best to lie to them and tell them what they wanted to hear.
"If I take them out of course I would pay".

...Good lesson learned. This is a sh!t test in a sense... But more on a employer/employee - social/social relationship... I would just pass their test logically... instead of illogically like I would with a girl I'm gaming.

Monkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No its not abnormal.

Sure many people in their mid 20s do have relationships, but what is the quality of those relationships? - I'd say a large percentage of them are pretty crap.

Its always better to be single than in a run of the mill humdrum relationship just because.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shiguldo, what do you mean by single? If you have had girlfriends or dated in the past and are just not with anybody now, then that is fine. If you are like me and never had a girlfriend and never dated anybody then yes it is very abnormal.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with being single in your twenties. I know people in their 30's who are still full blown cold blooded bachelors. They don't need a girl friend. They, just need a new peice off a$$ every week. Guys like this have the freedom to do whatever they want and not be tied down to one girl. So, do you want to be like everyone else and try to get a steady girlfriend? Or, go out and meet all kinds of women and lay them.

Blackmm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
(Raising hand slowly....)

Being 38, I have grown to be a little pickier than I was in my 20s because for one thing, I CAN be. I see things now that at 25, I wouldn't have either noticed or cared to notice about a chick. I look at a chicks long term value as well as her looks. Some things that I would rule a chick out on now are:

Does she smoke?
Does she have kids?
How is she fiscally?
Do her parents/family like me?
Does she have her own car?

Holding out for these factors may make me single for longer periods of time, but it's worth it.

frivolousz21

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 25 and recently single.

and I look forward to the next few years to be fun..

so far Ive had 3 LTRs and all failed.

I need to be single for a while.

but ill still go out and have fun

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
I'm gonna go ahead and throw my theory out there: Most people that are constantly in relationships are very insecure and codependent. A lot of people are worried they'll die alone and so they cling to whatever they can get that seems like the best option at the time.

It's a lot like going to get a new car. Now personally, I'd rather shop around and do my research and a little test driving (hehe) before I commit to something that you're going to keep around for a number of years until it gets older and goes down in value...lmao

You will notice a lot of these people in relationships go with the "rational" decision (i.e., the Honda Civic) when they really want something completely different that suits their personality MUCH better. (a Corvette, or a Jeep Wrangler or something.) The car buying analogy pretty much stops here, but if you "settle" then the odds are you aren't going to be happy in the long run.

There's nothing wrong with being single, or as I like to call it "free" at any age. What works for one person, or a lot of people, doesn't work for everyone.