Is going roller skating a good first date?

Jakeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm about to call this girl who I got her number from yesterday (First approach ever!) and after doing some thinking I remembered there's a roller skating rink near where we live. Good idea?

sexy_kuta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
personally i would use that as a second date cuz u can apply ALOT of kino if u play ur cards right but u can do it for first date, just hope u got enough rapport with the girl that shes comfortable going out skating wit u

Riveting

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doing a girl doggie style with laptop on her back
A good first date is a place where you can talk freely and learn about each other. Something simple too. That's why people always go to coffee places on first dates.

Rollerskating is too soon. It's too physical.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
roller skating is fun, and doesn't stick you in 1 on 1 talky uncomfortable situation. Unless you get REALLY comfortable with her from the get go, it can be a bit boring.

Action dates are good for first dates, you can go for a coffee and a chat later, maybe straight after.

Riveting

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doing a girl doggie style with laptop on her back
MrS said:
Action dates are good for first dates, you can go for a coffee and a chat later, maybe straight after.
Oh! That makes more sense. It's like an ice breaker and kills tensions and just makes thing easier when you talk. And it can build trust if you choose an activity like rock climbing or sky diving. Those places you can talk too!

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The first sentences were ok, after that I think you're just ****ting with me.

LA_Chico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yea bro, when she falls you can say "next time you fall, i get a *******"

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
Riveting said:
And it can build trust if you choose an activity like rock climbing or sky diving. Those places you can talk too!
wtf is this?!? i have enough trouble getting out of bed in the morning without losing my balance. what is wrong with a nice walk?

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Having used this on many dates...Go for the coffee and talkee first, THEN hit the roller palace. The reason being for this ordering, is that you get the business end(talk) out of the way, then comes the play(kino, etc). If things get static in the coffee shop(bad vibes or whatever), then just cut it short and hit the roller palace. Also, if you play your cards right, you'll get all the kino you want on the roller skates.

Here's a tip for dates in general; No one taught me this, I just picked it up from experience.

Each date should have two parts. One business, one play. As in real business, if you play your cards right, you'll have more fun later. ;)
It makes the date seem longer and less boring if you do two different things. Always, Always, Always, have a Talk session on a date, as well as a Fun session.

peace.

Jakeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well the skating rink is a bit of a walk and I'm planning on walking there with her so I figured we'd be talking all the way down there.

Anyway, I called her before I went to work and no one was home. Would calling her tomorrow say around 10ish and asking her out for 2ish be a good idea? I'd like to be able to go on the date this weekend but I figured I'd ask and see if that's a big no-no or something.

Dannyrt34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jakeman said:
Well the skating rink is a bit of a walk and I'm planning on walking there with her so I figured we'd be talking all the way down there.

Anyway, I called her before I went to work and no one was home. Would calling her tomorrow say around 10ish and asking her out for 2ish be a good idea? I'd like to be able to go on the date this weekend but I figured I'd ask and see if that's a big no-no or something.
dude you should at least try to plan the date a day or two before-hand. but it don't hurt to try.

Outsider

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not really what you're doing, it's how you're behaving. I think that basically any first date place is a good date if you know what you're doing. Stick away from movies, dinner, i.e. generic boring things she's probably done a hundred times before. I'd say be less conserned about what the two of you will be doing, but have a plan for what you're going to be doing, and be more concerned about getting to know this person.
But yeah good idea, just make sure to get to know this girl.

Jakeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright. I just got off the phone with her. I called her, asked her how it's been going, what she did this weekend, ect. I asked her out for today and she said she was busy today and after a brief pause asked if another day would be good. I said Tuesday and she said she's going job fishing that day. After that she said to call and see about another day later in the week. I then told her I had to get ready for something and that I had to go and said bye.

How would you guys interpret this?

Jakeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ah ****, oops. I just remembered when we were talking she dropped a couple of lifelines in the conversation that I didn't pick up on (She mentioned seeing a movie, I could've asked which one then what movies she likes, ect. ect.). Damn, I feel a little slow now since that could have helped the conversation and built up rapport. Oh well, I'm still learning.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't believe what I am reading on this site, Roller skating (I'm guessing is not the same as rollerblading right? The wheels are not in line? Either way, it doesn't matter), is a GREAT first date. It's an action date and all first dates SHOULD be an action date if you can. I know it isn't always easy. I know I can't go rollerblading in the winter here in Canada :mad:.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I can't find the damn post I wanted, but AD said it best, I will be forced to paraphrase rather than directly quote.

Women are experts in communication, hell that is all they do, talk talk talk, they do that all the time. Men, are experts in action, men take action that is what they do best and that is what women like in men. The whole idea of the date is that she wants to spend time with YOU, not a free dinner or free movie or free whatever. Moreover, you want to take her out of her comfort zone, which in this case is talking. Finally, a woman with high level of interests will be willing to do what you decide to do (let's not get carried away with semantics here, I am sure you can understand what I mean) even if she isn't really into it. In fact, you will KNOW that she is into you if she does something on a date that she isn't that excited about because the whole idea is she wants to be with you, she wants to spend time with you EVEN if they are things she isn't fond of (of course, don't drag her into things she utterly hates).

The philosophy of the action date is that you take her out of her comfort zone, ACTION. You can talk later, on the next date, it adds mystery anyways, focus on having fun rather than "Getting to know each other", that will come with time and trust me, if she is having fun, you will DEFINATELY get to know each other, one is the causation for the other but it isn't always the other way around, so start with FUN. Rollerskating is FUN, coffee date is mundane, it is mediocre, it is ordinary. It's not wrong or bad, but it is definately not as good, nevermind better, than a coffee date.

Positive things to take out of action dates:

Talk less, therefore you are less prone to say stupid/wrong things that will turn her off. A deeper level is that by talking less you are forcing her to do something that is out of her comfort zone without her feeling threatened. You have the upper hand because you are taking action, which is what women likes anyways. Talking less elevates the mystery surrounding you, mystery is always your friend.

More action, more action results in more possibility of physical contact, Grab her hand, get her to chase you, run/skate by her and tickle her and run/skate away, ect.

Finally, by getting her to do an action date and putting her outside her comfort zone, you will know how interested she is because she is willing to put herself in a more vulnerable position to spend time, to be with you. The magic and irony of this is that in turn, it has very high chances of raising her interest level. What will prove a high level of interest will often in turn raise interest, that's the beauty of it.

I will add something that my friend said, taking a girl out for coffee isn't great because friends go out for coffee, it doesn't really reveal your romatic intent and demonstrates rather ordinary interest.

Jakeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great advice. I have a bunch of ideas on what to do when we get there, I'm just a little worried now after that short phone call. She DID counter-offer by asking if there was another day we could go out on but I'm just a bit worried that when I call her later this week I'll face the same story. It doesn't seem likely but I'm a bit bummed out since I was anxious to do something this weekend.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not worry, if you worry she will sense it too and she will worry as well. The anoying thing about this women stuff is that its often a self-fulfilling prophecy-placebo-you-believer-you-become thing.

Focus on having fun, be exited about it (You sound excited in your first post, why sh1t all over it with anxiety?), if you sound excited about it, she will too (just don't overdo it, that's all). It will be fun, and you will both have a great time with each other.

Jakeman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha, I'm still excited about the whole thing. The anxiety was really just temporary.