Involving ass too much when doing squats

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever I do squats, it always feels like I'm working almost only my butt. Also, I've never had quads' soreness... They are usually pretty tired immediately after squats (although my butt is even more exhausted), but the following day the only soreness I experience is in my glutes.

I've tried doing them with a narrower stance, but it seems like the butt is even more involved in that case.

People have been commenting on my butt growing a lot recently, but I think it's mostly due to my bodyfat going from 10% to 15%.

When I used to train with my father and we had the same exact form, he said that he rarely felt them in his ass (no pun intended) and he experienced quads' soreness for up to 3-4 days after our squats' workouts.

Is it something I can change or is it normal or what?

Thanks

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
how low you go?

I'd say do a medium stance, go ass to the grass, and maybe switch up your routine to this:
2x6 heavy
1x20 @ 75-80% of your heavy weight.

If you don't wanna do that, do your squat workout, then throw at least 3 plates on each side of the leg press and do 20. (I'm giving you the weight based on a buddy of mine who's about your size i think.

bcherb2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Squats primarily workout your ass......and apparently your ass isn't as in shape as your quads, just give it time to catch up