Interesting day in class

blinkin_winkin

Don Juan
Reaction score
This story is a little long so if you make it through I appaluad you. :)

I'm taking a Speech class this summer at a local community college. Yesterday's class was different than the rest. It was the day we gave our final speechs. I walked into the room and notice a HB sitting there. She had never been in the class before and I thought it was odd she would start on the almost last class. She is a solid 8 blonde. Quite a departure from the usual students we have had in this class (mostly middle aged people). Since class is going on I don't get a chance to talk to her. She walks out of the room during the hour and I turn to a guy named Bill sitting in the row in front of me. Bill is in his mid-40s and a nice guy. I ask him "Who is that?" and he says "Just some girl who just graduated high school and wanted to see what the class is like." I then say "Alright! A high schooler!" with a smile on my face. Bill just laughs a little.

Later on in the hour, Bill gives his speech. Near the end of his speech he says "I'd like to bring a guest up to finish the last part of this speech. My daughter Rachel..." The blonde gets up and joins her dad, Bill. My jaw hits the ground. At least I didn't say anything too damaging. My speech follows Bill's. I make lots of eye contact with Rachel and make her laugh several times throughout my presentation. Lots of smiling. It's golden... except that I talked to Bill earlier.

Later on in the day I talk to Bill a little. This is the most I've talked to him through the summer. He brought up a topic earlier in the day that I knew a lot about so we talked and joked about that. At the end of the conversation I mention "Hey... I'm sorry about my comment earlier. Your daughter seems very nice." and he smiles and says "Yes she is."

Unfortunately... I was so busy during the class preparing for my speech that I didn't have the time to have a lengthy conversation with Rachel. I talked to her a little and made her laugh during my speech. She seems to have a good personality which is a fantastic addition to her looks. I have two more Speech classes before it's over. I think Rachel's appererence was just for Bill's speech so I don't expect her to be there for the next classes. How do I go through Bill, her father, to get to Rachel? It seems impossible... but then again nothing is impossible. :)

So how can I get to her through him? Ask for an e-mail address or something. I think a phone # from him would just be crazy. Maybe the whole damn thing is crazy. Any advice would be great.

Last edited:

\m/

Don Juan
Reaction score
you are only 17? She is probably 17 too if she just finished highschool.

If Bill thinks you are an ok guy i dont see any problem with you taking her out. Just have a convo with her and ask for her number.

blinkin_winkin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by \m/
you are only 17? She is probably 17 too if she just finished highschool.

If Bill thinks you are an ok guy i dont see any problem with you taking her out. Just have a convo with her and ask for her number.
That's not the problem. I'm sure that would be cool with him. The only problem is, and I don't know if I addressed this in my first message, I think Rachel being in class was a one-time thing. I think she was only there for Bill's speech. She had never come before and I don't think she'll come again. My problem now is talking to Bill and getting to his daughter THROUGH him.

Complicated crap. Grrr. Wish I could have talked to her in class. My next class is Monday. I have only two more classes left. I'm not too worried but it would be cool to meet her someday.

Any advice fellas?

freshintake

Don Juan
Reaction score
she is gone..

the only thing i would do is ask him if she will be back again and see what it brings up, other then that i would forget about her.

blinkin_winkin

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by freshintake
she is gone..

the only thing i would do is ask him if she will be back again and see what it brings up, other then that i would forget about her.
Yeah good call. She lives like 30-40 minutes away anyway, I think. Not worth the gas. If she shows up at later classes that's cool. If not... it's just my first taste at what college is gonna offer.