Interested or a flirt?

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm having trouble figuring out if this girl I have in a few classes is interested in me or not. She sits right next to me in my history class and we always have some great conversations. I haven't come onto her and have been using a lot of C&F.

She responds by laughing a lot, touching my legs or arms, maintaining eye contact.

She's flirty with a lot of guys so I don't know if this is just her nature or not. I was talking to her the other day and she was talking about her taste in guys. She was telling me that a lot of guys that approach her aren't what she's looking for and she usually doesn't find them attractive but she was thinking that she should give them a chance anyway. I reponded by busting her balls by laughing and calling her a shallow and whatnot. I then went on to say what would you do if I was one who would approach you, would I just be another guy you'd have to ignore and so she tells me no of course not. I don't know if that's a sympathy answer or true, but up for speculation.

Even if she was interested I'm a little confused about how I should approach things with her. She's one of those religious girls who doesn't usually drink or smoke etc.

I'm the opposite where I frequently attend parties and go crazy, so what is it that I'm going to do to make things co-exist?

VIVAlasVEGASBaby

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
laughing a lot
so far so good

maintaining eye contact
yup i think that does it

touching my legs or arms
And heres the cherry

Well from that one sentance i can pretty much say there's a darn good chance she's interested. As far you being crazy and her being a "good girl"... that's your choice.

Mr. Debonaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol one question at a time!

firstly, eye contact is the key. while touching or casual flirting may be just that, casual, eye contact never lies. when you are in a group with her, you are the only one she notices.

eye contact is an extremely emotional response. unless the girl is a crazy domineering type (which she likely isn't considering she's religious) her holding your gaze is a good sign.

for me, the way i see if a girl likes me is to get her telling a story to a group of guys. look her in the eyes as she tells it. if she really likes you, while she may look at the others a couple of times as she speaks, she will mostly have her eyes on you. I did this the other night and trust me it works. she's my girlfriend now :p

however, this works both ways. too much eye contact from you will make her unconcious mind realize you like her, and you lose your, shall we say, professional distance :D make your eyes a gift, and she should recieve only as often as you normally give out gifts, but when you do, STARE HER ASS INTO THE GROUND. lol

unfortunately, the partying / not thing is going to be your domain. one of you has to change, but since your a DJ it won't be you. ease her into it slowly, but dont try anything over the top or she will dump ur fun-loving ass ;)

wow, this is like a friggin essay. thats it, im done

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome, well thanks for the reply. I guess maybe I'll just make a move on her. Usually I'd bring her to a party, but she isn't into that.

Guess it's just an old fashion date then, right?

Any exciting ideas? I have some, but just thought I'd get a range of opinions.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Finch
Awesome, well thanks for the reply. I guess maybe I'll just make a move on her. Usually I'd bring her to a party, but she isn't into that.

Guess it's just an old fashion date then, right?

Any exciting ideas? I have some, but just thought I'd get a range of opinions.
"I guess" "maybe" "right?". For God's sake GET A BACKBONE. Make your own decision, if you can't even speak like a man ON-LINE you need to get out and learn some more, stop asking for our input every other line you type, stop being a lil b!tch and make a decision. Stop asking others opinions and find out yourself. Do you want to attach an earpiece and we'll walk you through it like they do in the sitcoms?

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol dude, don't jump the gun and call me a wuss because I was interested in other peoples opinions. Chances are there won't be any opinions that I will use anyway.. I have my own thing planned out already.

As for my word choice that is stupid to insult. This girl doesn't mean that much to much, so I'm not sure if I want to make a move. I could be making a move on somebody else. She's just someone who confused me by her behavior towards me. I do what I want and if I want to date this chick I will.. if I don't want to I will date somebody else. That's all it comes down to.

You don't even know me. For all you know I could get an ridiculous amount of girls compared to you and have been just having a problem reading this girl who is flirty with everybody. So don't come off like you're Mr. Don Juan himself.

Asking for opinions isn't wussy as long as you're capable of taking action for yourself. So don't give me that speech because I wanted to know what you guys thought. That's stupid.

legalyillegal

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just search it on the web man. It is pretty funny that ur asking for places to date. I get the need to ask for advice about the girl...but where to take her too? pretty sad if you ask me! If she IS a religious girl, then she probly is in to you. look at her eye contact. If she is looking at you a lot of the time, shes into you.

Finch

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, you guys really don't read do you? I said I already had a date picked out, but I wanted to see if you guys had any interesting additional ideas that I could do.