Interest

LarryMc47

Reaction score
There is this lady that I know at my local bar & grill that is a regular there along with several other people that are together at one section of the bar. I have been in this little group a couple months and in the beginning I would catch her staring or glancing at me. We have gotten to where we chat, hug good night, and occassional a light good night kiss. She will not dance with anyone, but one night we sort of moved together to the music while still in our seats. One night she had a bad headache & I massaged her temples & shoulders, and I received a very nice kiss/hug( nothing sexual in it) at the end of the evening. The other night while talking with her I reached with one hand and massaged her neck, she shivered a bit & leaned into the massage with eyes closed, I only did it for a few seconds. While she was talking with the person on her other side, I lightly brushed her index finger and the palm area between her index & thumb with my own index finger, the few minute later while we were talking I lightly brushed my finger tip across one of her finger tips. She said I was evil and ask why I didn't do it while, she was paying attention. If I am sitting behind her, she will continously turn around and look me in the eyes, and if I am sitting in front of her, I know when she is staring at me, and I turn around and our eyes lock for a few seconds. If we are sitting next to each other, we are constantly looking into each others eyes, and when we do, we get a smile on our faces, and go on talking or turn our heads/eyes away. Years ago, when something like that would happen I would say it was a passing of vibes. I am a people watcher, and think I can tell when people are flirting or interested in others. I think she is interested, but she is not a person that goes out on a date per say, she travels for business a lot, and as far as I know just comes to this one place to
relax, have dinner & listen to the music of the evening. Is she showing interest or am I reading things into it & there is nothing there?

dadood

Don Juan
Reaction score
sounds like she's showing interest if she's letting you touch her like that.

Tazman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Please tell me you aren't really 58.

LarryMc47

Reaction score
Yes I am 58....I am used to dealing with women that are up front, not into the games or head games. Say what they mean, mean what they say. If there is interest in getting together, they speak up in out our conversation, or are very touchie, feelie when sitting together or on the dance floor. That type of body laugage is easy to read. But this lady is different. sometimes the body langage is there, a few minutes later it is not (folded arms). Lately the hugs good night(while still in the bar) have lingered, but no good night kiss. Although she kisses/hugs a few others on greeting, we don't. There are signals there, then there is not.

"Even the most wise and knowledgeable of men, do not know what a woman wants, for she herself may not even know or
understand what she seeks"

Kaine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Pull her over to a quiet place and kiss her when the time comes, i.e. prolonged eye contact, massage etc

You don't have a relationship with this woman, so you have nothing to lose (you are not interested in a platonic friend).

In encounters of this type, a man needs to escalate or else the tension/interest dies. Keep on moving.

Let us know how it goes.

Kaine

Tkman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LarryMc47
There is this lady that I know at my local bar & grill that is a regular there along with several other people that are together at one section of the bar. I have been in this little group a couple months and in the beginning I would catch her staring or glancing at me. We have gotten to where we chat, hug good night, and occassional a light good night kiss. She will not dance with anyone, but one night we sort of moved together to the music while still in our seats. One night she had a bad headache & I massaged her temples & shoulders, and I received a very nice kiss/hug( nothing sexual in it) at the end of the evening. The other night while talking with her I reached with one hand and massaged her neck, she shivered a bit & leaned into the massage with eyes closed, I only did it for a few seconds. While she was talking with the person on her other side, I lightly brushed her index finger and the palm area between her index & thumb with my own index finger, the few minute later while we were talking I lightly brushed my finger tip across one of her finger tips. She said I was evil and ask why I didn't do it while, she was paying attention. If I am sitting behind her, she will continously turn around and look me in the eyes, and if I am sitting in front of her, I know when she is staring at me, and I turn around and our eyes lock for a few seconds. If we are sitting next to each other, we are constantly looking into each others eyes, and when we do, we get a smile on our faces, and go on talking or turn our heads/eyes away. Years ago, when something like that would happen I would say it was a passing of vibes. I am a people watcher, and think I can tell when people are flirting or interested in others. I think she is interested, but she is not a person that goes out on a date per say, she travels for business a lot, and as far as I know just comes to this one place to
relax, have dinner & listen to the music of the evening. Is she showing interest or am I reading things into it & there is nothing there?
Ask her for the phone # and setup a date.