Interest vs. Attraction

Vikman

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm interested in a new woman. I have casual conversations with her daily on the job, but she has not asked me any questions about my personal life.

Here's my question: if a woman doesn't ask you questions about your life, does that mean she is not attracted to you?

kratosnofear

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who knows?! She's probably not that into you or just a horrible conversationalist. Are there any other signs? Are you making her laugh and being fun?

szof

Don Juan
Reaction score
When women disproportionately either: talk about themselves or ask you about you - they are not interested. An attracted woman participates in a give and take - a conversation that flows naturally when she is talking to a man she is interested in and to whom she wants to demonstrate her value.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
szof said:
When women disproportionately either: talk about themselves or ask you about you - they are not interested. An attracted woman participates in a give and take - a conversation that flows naturally when she is talking to a man she is interested in and to whom she wants to demonstrate her value.
Gotta disagree with you there. I think if a woman is asking a lot about you, that is a definite sign of interest. Unless they are interviewing your for a job or trying to figure out whether to fix you up with one of their friends, a woman is generally not going to ask you a barrage of questions, especially of a personal or emotional nature if she's not interested.

szof

Don Juan
Reaction score
speakeasy said:
Gotta disagree with you there. I think if a woman is asking a lot about you, that is a definite sign of interest. Unless they are interviewing your for a job or trying to figure out whether to fix you up with one of their friends, a woman is generally not going to ask you a barrage of questions, especially of a personal or emotional nature if she's not interested.
I forget who it was who said, a stranger to a man is someone he doesn't know whereas a stanger to a woman is someone who doesn't know of her. Anyways, if a woman is interviewing you, she may just be trying to toy with you or gauge your value - it is not a sufficient indicator of her interest in you. If she never escapes interrogation mode, she is not interested or, at best, doesn't care to demonstrate her own value.

Stage

Reaction score
I agree with szof. From my experience I have noticed that women generally ask a question in retort to one of yours as an indicator of interest. For example if you ask them something about themselves, they'll return the question by making it a little bit more personal. I have found that this is a really good indicator of interest. A woman's interest lies within how personal the information she is trying to get out of you is.

BadAssMoFo

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's rationality talking.

Just because a woman doesn't ask you questions about you doesn't mean anything.

She could be totally shy, insecure, or whatever..but that doesn't bar attraction.

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By definition, anyone that's continuing to talk to you when they don't have to is interested in you on some level or they'd find a polite excuse to exit the conversation. Interest is the gateway to attraction.

Jestor

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vikman said:
I'm interested in a new woman. I have casual conversations with her daily on the job, but she has not asked me any questions about my personal life.

Here's my question: if a woman doesn't ask you questions about your life, does that mean she is not attracted to you?
Depends, usually there's a feeling out process.

xectxny19x

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd have to agree with szof. Great points, man. :rockon:

Anyway, why spend time gauging a girl's interest in you? Just a make move and find out for sure. :trouble:

IPreyOnIt

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think thats what it means. She might just be shy with it, or maybe just shy with it around you. Do you act like a real jackass when people ask you personal questions? LOL? And has she witnessed this?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman tells you that "this is her last day (at work)" and that "(I) won't get to see (her) again" until September (she's just a temp and she's going back home to live with her parents for the summer), does this mean she's interested in me? She's always flirting with me. I told her that she reminds me of a girl that I used to know in grade school (of the same last name). Every time she saw me she'd say, "Are you happy your favorite person is here?...I am." She says this almost every single time we encounter in business. She's also about 20 or 10 years younger than me. I think she thinks I'm younger than I am (I take good care of myself and I'm hot and cool).