In your experience, do women do this?

BigDawg

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, but, the wife of a very good friend of mine would always belch loudly at parties and such after consuming beer. Everyone would snicker when she wasn't listening. Oddly enough, this was her only character flaw that I could detect, and all my buddy would say about it was, "I married a classy girl, eh?" Of course, he would say this with a twinkle in his eye. They're still happily married after about 12 years. He doesn't commit such social faux pas' though.

It doesn't quite answer your question, RW, but apparently those types of women are out there, sad to say.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RogueWarrior
Have you ever known a woman to deliberately forget her manners or do/say things that she knows will annoy you if she's trying to turn you off?
Sure. I think they do it as a test, in order to see how you will handle this situation: if a somthing liitel can make you "uncool"....
get you pissed off... then, women think, you will not handle more important things in a better way.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, but, the wife of a very good friend of mine would always belch loudly at parties and such after consuming beer.
Then it's probably not the ONLY thing she does like this...

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: In your experience, do women do this?

Originally posted by al77
Sure. I think they do it as a test, in order to see how you will handle this situation: if a somthing liitel can make you "uncool"....
get you pissed off... then, women think, you will not handle more important things in a better way.
its always the small things like a belch or how you handle rainy days that matter.

Chrispy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: In your experience, do women do this?

Originally posted by penkitten
its always the small things like a belch or how you handle rainy days that matter.
So how do we handle 'tests' where she's deliberately trying to find a way to find your limits? While there's no simple rule I would either call her on it (criticize or not put up with it) or let it go.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: In your experience, do women do this?

Originally posted by Chrispy
So how do we handle 'tests' where she's deliberately trying to find a way to find your limits? While there's no simple rule I would either call her on it (criticize or not put up with it) or let it go.
you just be yourself and act normal.
if she gets too weird, why would you want her?
too many tests? find a chick that doesnt test you haha

really, how you handle normal daily things , make or break a relationship and vice versa... right?

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: In your experience, do women do this?

Originally posted by Chrispy
The rule is simple:
1. if she is trying just to make you feel confused...
act or pretend it doesn't bother you, i.e. dont say anything. Keep your cool.

2. If it involves, calls for your reaction - laugh it off... teaser her (do not critisize directly... and do not put up with it).

3. If it is something bigger than that, that you cannot put up with,
simply state so in a few words withotu egtting angry or critisizing her. And leave... leave the situation, the room.. whatever it is for a while. If you can't leave.. just stop talking with "I need to eat... sleep...urinate..." whatever you can come up with.

mark9

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have come across many women had done this.. recently a chinese lady was licking off her finger as soon as she had eaten her food. besides she was stealing food from other plates when nobody was watching.

mark9

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do women test their men all the time? I just had one last month and one today. She told me that she had dated another guy and that she does not like him... I was uncool about it. now she said that she had bought a house and will be closing a deal in a month's time. What am I to do.. just smile... she keep making eye contacts at me all the time.. I bungled on a few things too. I think it is time for me to move on to something or someone else.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mark9
I have come across many women had done this.. recently a chinese lady was licking off her finger as soon as she had eaten her food. besides she was stealing food from other plates when nobody was watching.
Depends how you hate what she was doing.. I assume you were dating her.
a) if you are ok with it, pretend you dont notice.
b) if you are not...
"if you put more sugar, your fingers would be taste much-much better..." when she licks her fingers.

"Oh, today they have free sampling day! Cool, I didn't know it exists at this joint..." - after she stole some food.

Agan, if you are ok with it (it is not your food she is stealing.. and not your finger licking..) then just be cool and say nothing.

al77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mark9

1. She told me that she had dated another guy and that she does not like him...
I was uncool about it.

2. now she said that she had bought a house and will be closing a deal in a month's time. What am I to do.. just smile... she keep making eye contacts at me all the time..
1. a) dont show you are thinkign about it. Say nothing.
b) "Yeah I know you dont ugly guys anymore" :p

2. Not getting ya: why does it bother you? Ok, she bought a house...what do you think about it? You ask "What I am to do" and you don't say what you think about...