Improving Eyesight?

Orwell

Don Juan
Reaction score
my eyesight has slowly been getting worse and worse making me squint every time I need to look away. I hate glasses and wearing contacts gets annoying (taking them out and putting them in) Are there exercises or supplements I can take to make my eyesight better w/o surgery?

donjuanjovi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your eye ball is a lens. There are muscles in you socket that change the shape of the eye to focus what ever you're looking at. Sometimes the eye ball will gradually change shape and go out of focus. Changing the shape of your eye lens is not possible through diet or exercises.

If you don't like glasses or contacts, than save up for laser eye surgery.

MuayThai

Banned
Reaction score
I heard doing things like; focusing really close and far away and trying to notice alot with your eyes helps you eyesight. Never tried it though.

Don't use a computer too much!

spesmilitis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make sure your eyes are looking at a variety of distances. Im not sure why, but my eyes have stopped getting worse. Here may be some reasons why:

-I get out a lot, get to see a lot of things from long distances
-I eat healthy, fruits and veg's
-I keep in shape.

MisterNigma

Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically lasik. Unfortunately that's all that can be done. A good diet and vitamin supplements also help. Just take multivitamins. For whatever strange reason I have very good night vision, but I'm also legally blind, so go firgure.

-E.Nigma

cambie

Reaction score
i know you said you didn't like contacts but it seems like it's not that you hate the feeling of wearing contacts, but the fact that you have to remove them daily.

there are these new silicone based lenses (about 2 years old) that can be worn for 30 continous days without removal. you can sleep in them and shower, anything. take them out on the 30th day and put in a new pair.

they're called focus night and day. silicone is fully permeable to oxygen, compared to the old lens that are waterbased that oxygen has to diffuse through. they let in up to 5 times the minimum corneal oxygen requirement. also, silicone does not bind bacteria like the old type of lens.

i love these lens, great when you can't (or don't want to ) take them out.
plus they're more hypoallergenic than the older lens types.