I'm "too pretty"

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
a girl told me last night that she wouldn't go out with me because I was "too pretty". what the feck is that??!? its not like i put on makeup, get facials and do my nails. seriously. i throw on a nice shirt, some jeans and shoes... a little gel and im good to go. that makes me "undateable"?

Blatant truth

Don Juan
Reaction score
It could be any number of things:

-her insecurity with going out with a good looking guy (feels she's unattractive and not worthy)

-a reason to blow you off

-she could be joking

-could be a test

Most likely it's number 1 or 2, so don't lose any sleep over it bud.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your not girly looking, or pretty, a bit metro but your alright, this coming from a straight male.

Logen

Don Juan
Reaction score
You’re a normal looking guy.

sounds like an excuse not to go out with you. i'd phase her out. cut her off from attention and go hit on a less good looking girl then her. make sure she sees you do it too. she SHOULD crawl back to you begging for attention. All the sudden you’re not “too pretty” for her.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a chick tell me I was pretty, but it was a good thing as I found out later that night

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got something similar a few times, but I was called "too perfect" by some girls, including two ex girlfriends. Sounds totally ridiculous to me, but my female friends explained that some (insecure) girls simply don't feel comfortable dating guys who look/dress better than them because it makes them look bad and feel unworthy. It's like guys who put hot girls on pedestals and are intimidated by them basically.

Another thing they told me was that they couldn't feel comfortable sleeping with a guy who had a sixpack because it would make them feel too inferior about their own bodies.

However, "too pretty" might refer to your style. Some girls don't go for the pretty boy/metrosexual type and prefer a more rugged man, just as some guys prefer a feminine woman over a tomboy. Don't worry about it though, if this is the case, it just means your not her type, whereas many girls love that look. And if it's any consolation, I've heard girls say the same thing about David Beckham and Jude Law, among other popular celebrities.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
I got something similar a few times, but I was called "too perfect" by some girls, including two ex girlfriends. Sounds totally ridiculous to me, but my female friends explained that some (insecure) girls simply don't feel comfortable dating guys who look/dress better than them because it makes them look bad and feel unworthy. It's like guys who put hot girls on pedestals and are intimidated by them basically.

Another thing they told me was that they couldn't feel comfortable sleeping with a guy who had a sixpack because it would make them feel too inferior about their own bodies.

However, "too pretty" might refer to your style. Some girls don't go for the pretty boy/metrosexual type and prefer a more rugged man, just as some guys prefer a feminine woman over a tomboy. Don't worry about it though, if this is the case, it just means your not her type, whereas many girls love that look. And if it's any consolation, I've heard girls say the same thing about David Beckham and Jude Law, among other popular celebrities.

If jude law is so popular with women why hasnt he had a hit movie yet. Failure = Flop at the box office

Alfie-failure

the world of tomorow-failure

closer-failure

I Heart Huckabees-failure

Cold Mountain-failure

Road to Perdition-failure

Enemy at the Gates-failure

Love, Honour and Obey-failure

the only movie that was a success for him was AI, Its mostly the media and channels like the E! channel who like kissing his ass. theyre trying to find a new brad pitt,. law tries to hard you can tell hes wearing blush, he has the gay highlights and he acts too gay.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jude Law is popular with women because they think hes hot you moron. It has nothing to do with how the box office does. Look at J-Lo. Shes a terrible actor, but she still is real popular with men.

shiningshadow

Don Juan
Reaction score
You look alright. Forget about her.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by splinterkb
Jude Law is popular with women because they think hes hot you moron. It has nothing to do with how the box office does. Look at J-Lo. Shes a terrible actor, but she still is real popular with men.

please only 10 year olds or girls who havent start menstruating want him, how the **** will they even know who he is you retard.Hes not well known like brad pitt or clooney hes known for his movies. the media protrays him as the sexiest man alive because thats what they want their leading men to look like, like a metro

Men are different theirs a variety of women better looking than jlo we know we dont need to watch her movies beccause of her looks because their tons of women who look exactly like her. shes just another latina with junk in the trunk, almost all her movies are for women chick flicks. alfie was suposed to be a chick flick and noone went to go see it.

sarah jessica parker is considered attractive in hollywood eyes so is jennifer aniston and gisele bundchen who looks like a male.

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jude Law is effiminate/superficial looking. I think that's what he was getting at. He needs a role that ups his maleness a bit, and needs to done the superficial look to attract the more 'feminine' females.

Sounds totally ridiculous to me, but my female friends explained that some (insecure) girls simply don't feel comfortable dating guys who look/dress better than them because it makes them look bad and feel unworthy
I think that's a big difference between the sexes though. Women have to feel 'comfortable' whereas the man couldn't give a shyte. It doesn't take comfort for a man to nail her. It takes a woman to be receptive (i.e. comfortable) in order to have a relationship which also means more meaningful sex for her. If she isn't feeling comfortable because she finds him too attractive, then it is her insecurities that's keeping her from doing anything.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you joking me? I'm pretty sure that almost all females want him, regardless of their age. No one knows who he is? Go ask every female you know if they know who Jude Law is, and I'm pretty sure they will.

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If they want him its because of his MONEY you idiot! you can do anything with money. He is not going to attract everyone because of looks alone.

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If they want him because of his money, why arent women crazy about Bill Gates?

Mr. Unique

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Colin farrel
jaime foxx
jake gyllenhaal
toby mcqire
and a bunch of others

all these guys can get any women they want and its not because of their looks its because of status

bill gates can get most women but he is not in the Media and he is below average looking but he can get most women.

stop asking these stupid questions.

Logen

Don Juan
Reaction score
these guys can get almost any women they wants because A) they're good looking and B) they got better inner game then anyone here.