Im to thin :-(

Mr Shy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey im to thin, really need to put on weight, yes yes yes, ur going to say EAT EAT EAT but i cant do that mate i get only a bit to eat from school and my parents are really busy people that harldy ever have time to cook for me and i wud cook stuff but r fridge is to small and we cant get a bigger one coz theres not enough room, please help me thanks :)

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Then learn how to cook.

I learned how in survival training.:cool:

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wheat Bread, Pasta, Fruits, Vege's, Brown Rice, Oats

Beef, Chicken, Eggs, Milk, Cheddar Cheese, Low-Fat Cottage Cheese, Turkey

There are things like yoghurts and everything else you can throw in there if you want to. This is my maintainance diet, carb wise

13 pieces wheat bread
large plate of pasta
large bowl of rice
6 pieces of fruit a day
probably a plate and a bit full of vege's

To gain weight, it's not uncommon for me to eat about 16 pieces of wheat bread - cause I take a shedload of sarnies with me to college - it's the only way I can eat good clean food. The pasta sometimes goes up a bit, as does the rice. Vege's and fruits stay the same.

Bulking, I'm currently taking in 230g's of protein, along with probably 90g fat.

Thats for me to gain weight. Now what are you eating?

Dont make excuses man - it takes time and effort to gain weight. I cook it all myself, I'm sure you could too!

[Just a little moan here, I havnt included oats and milk in that diet cause my body doesnt take well to either of them these days... god knows why... sucks :(]

JoeBlack

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Shy
didnt u read wot i wrote?
Its the ONLY way....

You HAVE to eat more, and if you can't you won't grow. You decide what you want to do...

Barbillus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is this thing called, "GUIDE TO BULKING UP"

It is the sticky at the top of the page.

Read it.

Tha Realnezz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously I just ate pizza,bk,chinese,etc..all dam day long and stayed inside for a summer and I gained like 40 pounds.

From a sickly 5-10-140 to 6'0-180 in one summer.

Right now I'm a stocky looking muther****er almost 200 but I have bad eating habits too (I only eat 2-3 times a day) of mostly BK and **** like that so yes you can gain weight with junk food but I doubt it's healthy in the long-run. Who cares though your a guy.

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tha Realnezz
Seriously I just ate pizza,bk,chinese,etc..all dam day long and stayed inside for a summer and I gained like 40 pounds.

From a sickly 5-10-140 to 6'0-180 in one summer.

Right now I'm a stocky looking muther****er almost 200 but I have bad eating habits too (I only eat 2-3 times a day) of mostly BK and **** like that so yes you can gain weight with junk food but I doubt it's healthy in the long-run. Who cares though your a guy.
That sh1t just defeated the whole purpose of this forum....

mr shy is gonna be back like 6 months later wanting to cut...just watch.

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJBen
Wheat Bread, Pasta, Fruits, Vege's, Brown Rice, Oats

Beef, Chicken, Eggs, Milk, Cheddar Cheese, Low-Fat Cottage Cheese, Turkey

There are things like yoghurts and everything else you can throw in there if you want to. This is my maintainance diet, carb wise

13 pieces wheat bread
large plate of pasta
large bowl of rice
6 pieces of fruit a day
probably a plate and a bit full of vege's

To gain weight, it's not uncommon for me to eat about 16 pieces of wheat bread - cause I take a shedload of sarnies with me to college - it's the only way I can eat good clean food. The pasta sometimes goes up a bit, as does the rice. Vege's and fruits stay the same.

Bulking, I'm currently taking in 230g's of protein, along with probably 90g fat.

Thats for me to gain weight. Now what are you eating?

Dont make excuses man - it takes time and effort to gain weight. I cook it all myself, I'm sure you could too!

[Just a little moan here, I havnt included oats and milk in that diet cause my body doesnt take well to either of them these days... god knows why... sucks :(]
PLEASE.... DO NOT.. listen to this guy..... 230gs of protein... and all those carbs... pfffttt... yeah nice one

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dockta
PLEASE.... DO NOT.. listen to this guy..... 230gs of protein... and all those carbs... pfffttt... yeah nice one

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJBen - Ps.... I apologise if my last post sounded abrupt. Thats not what i intended.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah? So how many carbs do you eat?

I'm an active person. I have college three days a week, work four times a week. Work is absolutely knackering. I also run a fair amount and hit the weights hard. It's what *I* need to grow. Not to mention soccer etc during lunch breaks at college

230 is excessive, but I havnt felt any problems yet. Nothing like the 400-500 other BB'ers eat. I drink plenty of water, I really dont think it'll be a problem for me right now.

take a 175lbs person:

On the guideline that you should have between 1.2-1.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight, said person should consume 210-262g of protein. But hey, I guess that means your kidneys would explode. We should all tell these 200-230lbs steroid free guys, who are pretty damn ripped, to eat less protein. Not to mention the 200-330lbs powerlifters and strongmen competitors, some of which have a calorific intake of 5000kcals+!! :rolleyes:

No offence taken. I'm not the one posting as much as possible, and dissing people for telling someone what THEY THEMSELVES eat for a maintainance and bulking diet.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your body finds carbs fairly easy to break down. You fuel your body with carbs. Let the carbs and fat take care of your energy requirements, and leave protein to do the rebuilding/maintaining. Otherwise all you're doing is making your body work harder to break down protein in order to assist with creating energy. Low carb diets are for cutting. Personally, I'd rather stick on a 2600kcal diet and keep working out and adding more cardio in - but thats me.

Just for the sake of throwing a link in:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/glen1.htm

So, if you want to start proving my 'bull****' wrong with some sort of evidence, go for it. There is no definate in bodybuilding - someone always has a different take on what works, and everyone is different.

But if not - just relax and dont start trouble when theres no need for it :)

dockta

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DJBen - I agree to an extent in most things you say.. and i think i have mentioned it before that IMO ...YOU and a couple of assorted others on this forum, have very good knowledge on the topic of BBuilding / Fitness.

You are correct with your example of ratios of protein:body weight, there is no argument there, but to suggest that this "small" dude take 230gms of Protein.

He hasnt even told us that he trains. All he posted was that he is too thin and wants to put on weight.... Now do you see where suggestion of over consumption derived from?

Like you said.... everyone is different. Peoples, body types, metabolisms, etc etc..

You should have also mentioned that by consuming that much protein, would also require around 5 litres of water a day... (thats a plucked figure). If he is not doing enough exercise, he will merely just SH*T all that protein powder down the toilet and be wasting time & money.

You also said Re: your protein intake that.. "I really, dont think it will be a problem for me right now".... correct... hence the words "RIGHT NOW". but what about the pro-longed effects?

I know and have known many bodybuilders to date, and i tell you what.... at aged 35-40... a fair few of them, arent looking too good.. physically and health-wise.

My post was not an attack on you.... I was merely trying to help the other dude. Bodybuilding is a great sport/hobbie or whatever the reason people do it. But it can also be a very danerous game.

And although your post was very true.. and "I" understood what you were saying, for someone in-experienced in this field.. who read it without any thought/analysis, has potential to hurt themselves.

Cheers

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thats a fair point, although I always assume that said person has looked around a good few threads, used the search function, and notices that a lot of this forum is geared around weights.

Although yes, I didnt exactly make it clear that HE shouldn't do that, and he should start out lighter. I thought I mentioned something about drinking plenty of water, but I seem to have imagined that :p

I think the BB'ers dont look too good cause they were eating a hell of a lot, but also simply cause they'd shy away from cardio activity. I plan to stick under 200lbs anyway, I'm too short and have a small build to be BIG big... which sucks. But hey, it shouldnt stop me or anyone else :D

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really thin (17, 6' 130LB) as well, but I've noticed the stuff on the list to eat alot of in trying to gain weight (white breads, fats, meat, etc) is all the stuff that you're supossed to stay away from when try to clear your face of zits (another one of my problems). So how do you do both?